Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show me a Wriedt Stinger...

WriedtStuff
    It turns out that the hull I went to look at is a Wriedt Stinger...not a Sidewinder.....It is in good shape structurally, but poor shape cosmeticly.. The hull shape is a little less "sporty" than the maverick I have now...just wondering if anyone here will post any pictures they might have of a Wriedt Stinger....then I can get some idea if I can make this one look any better.
    Thanks
    Still looking for bare hulls if anyone has one they want to get rid of.

BigBlockBaja
    Hey, You going to acually finish this one?
    Just joking..
    Good luck..

WriedtStuff
    I will do what is within my capibilities....does that hurt your feelings?

BigBlockBaja

Spectra19
    look for the post Free sanger super jet hull. Might have to travel but its FREEEEEEE. Good luck in finding something. But like others have said I think you should just fix what you have and be done with it. I knew nothing about glass work or gel and have been having a blast with my project. You learn something new everytime you do something.

Unchained

BrendellaJet
    I read somewhere that boat was a real ass kicker.

WriedtStuff
    Brendella,
    Ass Kicker??? Do you mean literally? Rough riding....or do you mean it is a good boat?

WriedtStuff
    Here are my thoughts on getting the Stinger as opposed to fixing my boat...
    1. My current hull has had the serial number gorund out...so even if I finish it...it will require a state inspection before I can register it....in my state this can take a long as 6 week.
    2. The stinger has a fairly new aluminium fuel tank in it and ready to use.....I still have the old leaky fiberglass on to go back in the old boat.....
    3. The pump intake is installed straight in the stinger....the old boat is crooked....
    4. The guys at the local marine speed shop...said that this damage on the old boat involves the structural parts of the boat, and having that big of a patch right in front of the intake (where most of the forward thrust is pushed on the boat)..could cause a catastrophic failure and possibility hurt someone....
    5. The only negative issues are: I don't like the look of the Stinger as much as the Maverick.....and the Stinger is Red and Silver....which will not match any of the paint or fabirics I have for the maverick.....
    Thoughts?
    Thanks

Mohavekid
    My .02.
    It sounds like your curent boat need a lot of work which you are not able to do yourself or are uncomfortable doing yourself. Thereferor, you will need to pay $$$ a pro to do the work.
    I'm thinking you would be money ahead to find another hull in good condition and go from there.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast