Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB Sports 22V

gabby
    Looking for some input on the MB Sports 22V - we were going to buy the Tige' 22V and just discovered the MB and input???

roln 20s
    Save time and money- just buy a Malibu Wakesetter. You will not be disappointed. Won tow boat of the year award last 9 of 11 years. We have a 1995 malibu echelon that is amazing...not too mention that it has over 800 hours with ZERO problems. My bro is one of the top wakeboards in AZ, now working at a Wakeboard camp in TX, and he's riden behind everything. For best wakes, all around, Wakesetter is his favorite.
    For some background on the boats you asked:
    Tige was started by a former Malibu VP- met him recently at a wedding in AZ for a friend, great guy, and a good product, but not at the level of Malibu IMO. A buddy of mine bought a 22 type i riders edition-- likes the boat, but is looking to trade it for a Malibu.
    MB sports is basically the same mold as a 1994 Mastercraft 205, recently stretched. Mike Brendella (if I'm not mistaken) owns this company- or atleast started it. It was his elite line to contrast Brendella ski boats.
    Sure, all of these boats are nice, but for your money, and total boat quality, I sincerely feel Malibu is the way to go. You will not be disappointed.
    Others to talk to: Hardcore-Ski has a malibu on here, and MBrown I believe is thinking of Malibu Wakesetter to compliment the DCB, and I think SoCalOffshore (could be wrong) has the 23 Malibu Wakesetter LSV.
    If you have any questions- feel free to PM me. Good luck in the search.
    Roln 20s

mbrown2
    I would go look and drive the MB....I am up in the air on the BU 23V Wakesetter, MB Sports B52V, Nautique Air 226 and the Tige 22V...
    I really think you can't wrong with any of them...I personnally like the Gel Coat and billet touches on the MB...just more of a sportier looking boat..and from pricing all of them you seem to get more for the money...However, for 5 more grand then the MB, you can get the BU 23 which is just a much bigger and more accomodating boat all the way around.....If I have to build one, it will be the MB or BU 23 Sunsetter (I don't need all the ballast), and I would rather have the storage......However, all my river neighbors have Nautiques and they love them....and another neighbor has the bro deal hook up with Tige....We will see..
    If you go to Wakeboarder.com and ask the questions in the Forums there on the MB...you will get some more responses of folks that own them....

mbrown2
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    MB sports is basically the same mold as a 1994 Mastercraft 205, recently stretched. Mike Brendella (if I'm not mistaken) owns this company- or atleast started it. It was his elite line to contrast Brendella ski boats.
    That might have been the case with late 90's B52's, but in 2002 the Hull was brand new and dramatically changed...

Goodtime$
    The new MB with the two speed tranny is sweet, trust me loaded up for over 2k pounds the tranny kicks ass.
    The Tige is a great boat, the taps kinda sucks but with weight it kicks ass, plus the luxury of the tige is great.
    Look at the Sanger V230, big nice boat with a solid wake and Sanger built quality, i just picked up a new Sanger and love it.
    The new Malibus are sick, but for the price there are many other boats in that size range to check out. Good luck
    post on Wakeworld.com lots of pics etc

mbrown2
    Originally posted by Goodtime$
    The new MB with the two speed tranny is sweet, trust me loaded up for over 2k pounds the tranny kicks ass.
    Ditto....that two speed tranny is the shit....I would think Brendel knows a little bit about two speed trannies on V Drives at a lot more speed...

Speedin' Ian
    I would go with the MB, I have a few friends who ride for a living and the MB is their favorite. As far as build quality, I'd say the Mastercraft and the Nautique are the best built tournament boats hands down. Newer Malibus are great boats, but the olds ones are junk. The Tige is a good boat but I believe they still use some wood in their construction, and I haven't heard great things about the Tabs, then again none of my friends like the wedge either, they like weight, and lots of it.

svlperry
    i just bought the mb sport b 52 and love the the thing it is a very good boat don't know what the wake is like haven't put my break in hours yet and can not pull anybody yet only had it out once

mbrown2
    Originally posted by svlperry
    i just bought the mb sport b 52 and love the the thing it is a very good boat don't know what the wake is like haven't put my break in hours yet and can not pull anybody yet only had it out once
    Any pics? Is it the V Drive? Who did you get it through? Also, if you don't mind, PM me what you paid for it? I am shopping dealers right now...

svlperry
    just got off the water with it it ran great having a few minor promblems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast