Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: engine installed, thanks for your help

NavalOfficer
    Jim, thanks for your help. You did an awesome job overhauling the pump! For everyone who gave advice - thank you. Engine/pump is installed and finishing up minor stuff. Will post a finished pic in a few days.
    My only issue, no way of leaving the shaft disconnected so I have to tune her in the water... Was hoping to leave it loose for tuning. One definate advantage of v-drives, you can run 'em in your front yard!!!

steelcomp
    What u-joint did you end up with??
    Congrats! Happy New Year!

tahitijet
    Looks good.. Who ended up doing the pump?? and did driveline service have your part? Where are you going to boat at? I think there are only 2-3 people from the valley on here but i haven't meet up with any of them yet.

Squirtin Thunder
    Jim, thanks for your help. You did an awesome job overhauling the pump! For everyone who gave advice - thank you. Engine/pump is installed and finishing up minor stuff. Will post a finished pic in a few days.
    My only issue, no way of leaving the shaft disconnected so I have to tune her in the water... Was hoping to leave it loose for tuning. One definate advantage of v-drives, you can run 'em in your front yard!!!
    Frank just let me know if you need anything. Your new reverse cable and diverter seal are on the way.
    Thank you
    Jim

NavalOfficer
    Jim Rich rebuilt the pump - awesome job. Not just the work, great communication/advice as well.
    Finally got the bearings from a local store, perseverance is key I guess. But the grease fittings would not fit so had to grease and seal it. This H-bar will get replaced down the road with a more user-friendly type so I can dismantle it with the bell housing in place. I need to be able to start the boat in the yard – if only for my well-being!
    some cable work and I'm ready to light the fire! Plan on leaving it on the trailer and tuning it at the ramp.
    thanks and respect
    Frank

NavalOfficer
    I'm sure I did something wrong. Newly rebuilt 460 in my 18' Belmont, first time starting and sheared the distributer gear. Checked and the new oil pump is frozen, shaft is loose and appears to be fine. Don't understand, I made a priming shaft and it turned fine when priming. The distributer went in ok, nothing appeared jammed/tight. Just sux, heard the engine run for about 2 seconds and now I have to pull it out and change the pump, guess I'll change the shaft as well since it froze. I'll look at the positive side, the engine seems fine. I was hoping to head to CFW, now I'm overnighting parts. You know how it is, bound and determined to hear the engine run this weekend. can't wait to see what caused it.
    Bought another v-drive basket case in need of lovin', just a standard 60's sanger. somehow sanger are the only v-drive boats I seem to run across locally in need of restoration. (I have as mush fun restoring as I do running - but then my boats are slow compared to most of yours) Think I'll always keep a jet and a v-drive, both have such great qualities.
    thanks and respect Frank

Squirtin Thunder
    Frank I am sorry to hear that.
    I have also sent you a Catolog so you can find the parts you want much better.

tahitijet
    I'm sure I did something wrong. Newly rebuilt 460 in my 18' Belmont, first time starting and sheared the distributer gear. Checked and the new oil pump is frozen, shaft is loose and appears to be fine. Don't understand, I made a priming shaft and it turned fine when priming. The distributer went in ok, nothing appeared jammed/tight. Just sux, heard the engine run for about 2 seconds and now I have to pull it out and change the pump, guess I'll change the shaft as well since it froze. I'll look at the positive side, the engine seems fine. I was hoping to head to CFW, now I'm overnighting parts. You know how it is, bound and determined to hear the engine run this weekend. can't wait to see what caused it.
    Bought another v-drive basket case in need of lovin', just a standard 60's sanger. somehow sanger are the only v-drive boats I seem to run across locally in need of restoration. (I have as mush fun restoring as I do running - but then my boats are slow compared to most of yours) Think I'll always keep a jet and a v-drive, both have such great qualities.
    thanks and respect Frank
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
    Sangers were made just down the road off jensen and 91/41 interchanges (if you can call them that).. Anyway it seems like you can find a sanger in just about every country backyard out here. in the summer you'll also see alot of hondo's and belmonts come up for sale...

Konabud
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attac...chmentid=10311
    Looking good! Sorry to hear about your motor problems. Would like to know why (when you figure it out) as I'm replacing the pan, pickup and pump in my 460. Where did the alternator bracket come from??? I need one of those! My engine is down in a box and I need to be able to adjust it from the top. Thanks in advance.
    Konabud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast