Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: videos

rude235
    a couple of months ago there were a couple of videos posted on here, i think it was in this section. one was of a the callan boat making a high speed run followed by an htm blow-over. the other was a 24 ft tunnel?? with a quad rotor motor making several runs. the footage has both in boat and on shore film, i think it even had some godsmack for background music. do either of these sound familiar? if so, how could i find them to download them? and any other good boating footage.

Charley
    Ive got it at work.... email me at charley@stage-tech.com and Ill send it to ya

Three Days Only
    Heres a link to the one I posted.
    Callan Marine & HTM Wreack At LOTO (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...5BOAT_RACE.wmv)

Rubths
    Thats one nasty wreck Did anyone loose there life?

Three Days Only
    The guy was at shooters the following day, alittle sore and bruised up. I wasnt there, but it was all over OSO.

Rubths
    How fast was that boat going when it went sideways like that? I have seen a few squirly boats but that HTM did not look safe at all and I cant belive that guy stayed in the throttle with it dancing like that. Was there something wrong / not dialed in or is that the nature of those boats at high speeds?

Tom Slick
    Originally posted by Rubths
    How fast was that boat going when it went sideways like that? I have seen a few squirly boats but that HTM did not look safe at all and I cant belive that guy stayed in the throttle with it dancing like that. Was there something wrong / not dialed in or is that the nature of those boats at high speeds?
    The guy in the HTM was on a glory pass and didn't lift when water conditions got bad. The way the course is configured at the LOTO Shootout, it has large rouge waves that move up the race course. The HTM driver was toward the end of the course near the finish line when he hit these rouge waves. Obviously the smart thing to do whould have been to lift off the throttle until he was past the rough water, but he didn't and he paid the price. Fortunately he walked away from that one and rumor had it that he was on the phone to HTM the next day to order a new boat.

alfonzo
    Originally posted by Three Days Only
    The guy was at shooters the following day, alittle sore and bruised up. I wasnt there, but it was all over OSO.
    Your wrong Slick. I think we all know now what he was doing the following day. Of course he probably got all hammer'd and then ordered a new boat.....so you could be right. but the again it is just a rumor.

Three Days Only
    They said the boat was traveling at speeds approaching 120. The boat never made it to the time trap to calulate a speed. Good video of the wreck. I surprised the guy came out it as well as he did. The boat looks like it came within feet from landing on top of him while he was in the water.

Infomaniac
    Here is the link to the video RiverDave did for me.
    Quadrotor Cat (http://marineassault.net/InfoFinal2-Big.wmv)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast