Question about Valve Spring Life? How long do they last in a boat? I have been running the same springs for 4 years with a Solid Roller. The boat was spinning 5300(429 BBF) with the first motor for the first 2 years, then I built a bigger motor (460BBF) with a bigger solid Roller, which I am running right now, and the boat was spinning 5700rpms. Here is whatÂ’s going on. I put new bearings in the motor and put it back together for spring, I also installed new Valves in the heads along with a 5-angle valve Job. The boat ran the best it ever had, pulling close to 6000 rpms (Oh Ya I had the heads ported to). That only lasted for 2 trips to the lake. Its been slowly losing Rpms. It now only spins 5600rpms. I thought it was a Valve adjustment issue, nope I checked them like 3 times. I did a compression test, no issues, itÂ’s actually better then it was last year! (I think the good valve job helped) So I am starting to suspect The Springs are finally giving out! Somebody please give me your 2 cents!! Oh Ya the Cam is a Comp Cam 300AR with .663 lift and 254 dur @ .050, 110 lobe sep. The springs are also Comp Cams PRT# 938. 210lbs closed and 540lbs open pressure.