Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what size lines

76cole
    ok superdave is going to plumb my water pump for me.
    what size line's should they be? its a 468 bbc stout cam in it
    10.5-1 850 holley should be putting out about 600 h.p.
    -10 or -8 lines. whats the right size? thanks
    76cole

Fiat48
    I do 8's on the outlets of the pump and 10 on the inlet. It's enough. A lake is a large radiator.

I agree with Fiat if its a small boat. If a larger heavy boat though you might want to go bigger (more load = more heat). Especially if blown or turbo (which doesn't sound like the case).

76cole
    its a neovane pump. do you mean a -10 into the pump then -8 to the block? also how do you plumb the rest of the set up as in the water to the headers and the over flow? its a 18ft cole tr1 and this engine is just on a single carb. when i get used to running it real good then the blower engine goes in
    76cole:cool

superdave013
    76cole, what size is your cav plate pick up?
    I think you will find the drag guys will say -8 and the cruiser / endurance guys will say -10.
    My flat had -8 and I'll prolly put -10 on the cruiser. I don't think you will be doing 10 mile+ passes in you rig so a -8 will be fine.

smalls
    Originally posted by superdave013
    76cole, what size is your cav plate pick up?
    I think you will find the drag guys will say -8 and the cruiser / endurance guys will say -10.
    My flat had -8 and I'll prolly put -10 on the cruiser. I don't think you will be doing 10 mile+ passes in you rig so a -8 will be fine.
    The Question is Where are you getting your fittings????????

superdave013
    No, Smalls the question is what size lines would you run off of a Neovane pump in a cole flat with a BBC?

smalls
    Originally posted by superdave013
    No, Smalls the question is what size lines would you run off of a Neovane pump in a cole flat with a BBC?
    Larry, I thought you had that already figured out?
    I'm gonna guess like ahhh -8??????

Thunderbutt
    In a Crusier #12 from the plate throught the oil cooler then split with #10 throught the headers and into the block, then dump with #8. In the cold water lakes I use to chock the lines down on the dump, but at LOTO where the warter is in the 90's I open up the lines and put on a bigger pump. I think with headers it runs hotter. I like 180 to 185

smalls
    I know a guy in SoCal that could hook you up with some fittings and he would probably even make them to fit..............

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast