Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: oil pan dilema...

ahhell
    O.K. here's the problem, apparently i have an oil leak from my oil pan, somewhere near the dipstick. I have a 10-12 qt gold anodized pan that i am told runs 695 bucks!!! above this little revelation, i'm also told that labor will be 800.00 to pull and flip the motor...AAHHHHHH....... does anyone know anything about my dilema...good mechanics in the 909 or 760! nothing like a 2000 dollar oil change

Phat Matt
    You can buy lots of quarts of oil for $2000. I say let it leak in the bilge and add oil till you sell it! Or maybe try some duct tape.

ahhell
    believe it or not, Richard (the mechanic) at ultimate marine said pretty much the same thing...watch the dipstick and add as necessary, preasure is good and only loses about an ounce an hour...good for keeping mosquitoes down J.B weld was mentioned...i prefer duct tape I'm thinking in the off season, taking to my buddies shop and doing it myself, not my first oil pan, just my first boat

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by ahhell
    nothing like a 2000 dollar oil change
    All I can say is AH HELL>>>>>>>>!

ahhell
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    All I can say is AH HELL>>>>>>>>!
    Thank you...i knew the name fit...you shoulda heard what the wife said.....SONAFABITCH....it was colorfull, and of course my fault...somehow, Not really dear

Phat Matt
    Well there you go. Now you have extra beer money, gas money, and oil money. You're set!

Debbolas
    just don't do the bildge pump near the beach

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by ahhell
    Thank you...i knew the name fit...you shoulda heard what the wife said.....SONAFABITCH....it was colorfull, and of course my fault...somehow, Not really dear
    Yeah, Why you #@$$#!$&&^(#&^@ WHY DID YOU MAKE THE BOAT LEAK OIL!? Funny how everything that goes wrong is our fault and things that go right are somehow because of their divine intervention! Good luck man...

ahhell
    Originally posted by Debbolas
    just don't do the bildge pump near the beach

and keep Chris from yelling at the dock...DAD, LOOK AT ALL THE OIL COMING OUT.......stfu kid, still love him though

Debbolas
    He's so cute, he was trying to help ya....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast