Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NO Media Bias!

OGShocker
    From the Drudge report.
    TWISTED: LA Times Poll Had Sample With 38% Democrats, 25% Republicans
    Tue Jun 15 2004 10:13:47 ET
    Sen. John Kerry "has taken big lead," according "to an L.A. Times poll."
    But the Times poll that showed Kerry "beating Bush by 7 points" has created a controversy over whether the poll's sample accurately reflects the population as whole, ROLL CALL reports on Tuesday.
    "Not counting independents, the Times' results were calculated on a sample made up of 38 percent Democrats and 25 percent Republicans -- a huge and unheard-of margin," ROLL CALL claims.
    Developing...

HighRoller
    Why doees that surprise or shock anyone? After all, we are talking about the same publication that had polls showing that Gay Davis wouldn't be recalled and that Bustamante would "soundly defeat" Schwarzenegger. The polls in the L.A times are their attempt to tell you how you should vote, not any kind of accurate data.

Lake Pirate
    Between the L.A. Times and the Drudge Report how can you decide which source is the least biased?

OGShocker
    I trust Drudge more than the LA Slimes. Drudge gives a list of places in which to read from. The LA Slimes print editorials as news.
    Who broke Lewinsky?
    Who pointed us to China missle technology stories?
    Who pressed hard BOTH sides of the war in Iraq?
    A. Drudge.
    Who claimed the CIA promoted Crack sales in the inner cities?
    A. LA Times.
    I would go on but I need to go back to work

Lake Pirate
    The Drudge doesn't break stories, they link to sites that do. Unfortuneately they only link to stories that support conservative views. There is essentially nothing wrong with that, as long as they tell you. However, Drudge espouses their agendas as a news source instead of a political party defending their views. I've read some good stories there but I always consider the source. The same could be said of almost any news source when you think about it. (Fox comes to mind) so...never mind.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    From the Drudge report.
    TWISTED: LA Times Poll Had Sample With 38% Democrats, 25% Republicans
    Tue Jun 15 2004 10:13:47 ET
    Sen. John Kerry "has taken big lead," according "to an L.A. Times poll."
    But the Times poll that showed Kerry "beating Bush by 7 points" has created a controversy over whether the poll's sample accurately reflects the population as whole, ROLL CALL reports on Tuesday.
    "Not counting independents, the Times' results were calculated on a sample made up of 38 percent Democrats and 25 percent Republicans -- a huge and unheard-of margin," ROLL CALL claims.
    Developing...
    You know what is funny is now that I have been working down here in LA and read the LA times, you can tell from the headlines if it is a wire service (AP, Reuters or other) or a times staff writer. I saw that headline and said..... bet it is a times staff writer... Bingo.
    All the bad news stories about Iraq, times staff writers... Bad news stories about the deficit spending, social security, you name it all blamed on George W. and by times staff writers.
    It really is the most biased publication on a consistent basis I have seen in California. I keep trying to get the folks to subscribe to the Register, but are just used to the times... Oh well!

OGShocker
    Originally posted by Lake Pirate
    The Drudge doesn't break stories, they link to sites that do. Unfortuneately they only link to stories that support conservative views. There is essentially nothing wrong with that, as long as they tell you. However, Drudge espouses their agendas as a news source instead of a political party defending their views. I've read some good stories there but I always consider the source. The same could be said of almost any news source when you think about it. (Fox comes to mind) so...never mind.
    How can you be so wrong on so many levels in one post?
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Drudge doesn't break stories, they link to sites that do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wrong. Matt drudge heard Newsweek was sitting on the Lewinsky story. He broke it wide open, forcing Newsweek to publish.
    quote:
    Unfortuneately they only link to stories that support conservative views.
    Again, Drudge links to news stories from AP WORLD
    AP NATIONAL
    AP WASHINGTON
    AP BUSINESS
    AP ENTERTAINMENT
    AP ON THE HOUR
    AP HEADLINES
    AP BREAKING
    AP/REUTERS PHOTO WIRE
    AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
    AFP INTERNATIONAL
    AFP NEWS WRAP
    REUTERS WORLD NEWS HIGHLIGHTS
    REUTERS DIGEST
    REUTERS WORLD
    REUTERS POLITICS
    REUTERS ODD
    UPI NATIONAL
    UPI WORLD
    quote:
    Drudge espouses their agendas as a news source instead of a political party defending their views.
    Drudge "espouses" his own agenda. He is who he is. Who is "their"?
    quote:
    I've read some good stories there but I always consider the source.
    You should try to see who that "source" is when clicking on one of Drudges links.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Lake Pirate
    So does CNN..... the Carrey News Network......

HighRoller
    I think Drudge takes stories that would normally buried and either brekas them himself or forces others to fish or cut bait. Sure, he's a little right leaning IMO, but he's fair. He doesn't bury important stories on page A22 like the LA Times. How about the new factory job numbers, did they make the front third of the paper? I bet not....

OGShocker
    WOW! No response? Facts f u c k e' m up everytime!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast