Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Help

Lawler
    Can anyone give me some company names that will insure a high performance boat? I have a 19.5 ft Eliminator with over the hull exhaust and I'm having trouble finding anyone who will insure it. I'm hoping there are insurance companies that specialize in perforamance boats. I've got too much invested to take my chances. Also I have heard that a lot of lakes are now requiring a min. $300k liability insurance?? Is this true? If anyone can give me any help I would appreciate it.

Screemy1
    Good luck, I just got dropped from Progressive and have been looking for about 3 days solid.. get companies that say they will and then see a pic of the boat and say no way.... and it is a pretty much stock... few mods 1977 Haskell with a panther jet and OT exhaust.....

Lawler
    Same problem I've been having. I took it into my insurance company with no motor in it and he told me that just the shape of the hull alone threw up a red flag, so I'm struggling with what to do. Like I said ...there's a lot of money involved to just say forget it and have nothing covered. Let me know if you come up with anything.

JET-O-VATOR
    HEY SCREEMY IS THAT YOUR BOAT ON EBAY? THERES A HASKELL WITH A PANTHER AND OT HEADERS

Screemy1
    Not mine... I will have to check it out.... I have only found a Haskell hull with an outboard on it...

Screemy1
    looks alot like mine, my engine is a 454 and colors are white with two shades of blue and burgandy. I need to uncover it and get a picture.... I will post it soon.

HotRod Sprint
    I have mine insured through American Family. They are really good to work with. For an extra like 30.00 bucks a year I went with 500,000.00 liability. With some of the boats on Lake Pleasant that might just cover me. They have no problem with OT exhaust or headers. The one thing they do really question you about it the top speed of the boat and engine horsepower. However my personal agent said they had other carriers that could be used through them if necessary. My boat only goes 60 with a 330 horse 454....at least on the insurance paperwork
    Rod

Lawler
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll try them. Do they have a website? Decent rates?

The website is American Family (www.amfam.com) . Unfortunately, they don't offer coverage in all states and California is not on the list.
    Lawler, I checked your profile and see you have an Eliminator Sprint. Got any pics? I've got one, too. Pic is in my profile.

Nordic Newbie
    Just picked up my first boat, live in San Diego and used my homeowners insurance company to insure the boat. All the agent wanted was the hull number, trailer number, engine block number, and type of baot. Never asked about the exhaust or even to see one pic. I insured it for 20K and it runs about forty bucks a month. State Farm. I also asked her about buddies calling her to insure as well, she said not a problem if in California. I didn't ask any further question an just wrote the check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast