Thread: Exhaust Mufflers

Lawler
    I haven't actually fired the boat up yet but it's a given that it's going to be loud. Has anyone had any success with mufflers or header inserts to quiet it down a little bit? Don't get me wrong I love the sound but I want to make sure I'm legal. Does anyone have any websites or information? I know there different options out there but I don't want to just go buy something and find out that's not good enough. I will be boating around Northern IL and WI and to be lake legal you have to be around 90dB. Anyone have any information?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    www.rexmar.com I assume you have ott headers. I highly recommend the hi-performance mufflers (slip in) that are straight thru design and compliment the sound quite well. It is still loud but not as raspy. It was the best money I ever spent. Just make sure you take them out after every trip. If left in there for extended periods of time they will never come out.
    Omega

Lawler
    What kind do you have?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I have the second ones down in this link. they sound great!!!
    http://www.rexmar.com/page238.html
    Omega

signmaster
    wisconsin is 86 decibels & until the 4th of july or so there kinda maen about it I ended up ditching the ot idea and moving my pipes below the water line looks kinda kool and is quote a bit quieter at slower speeds. I pass the warden every time out ,so far ive been ok.Istill mite add mufflers up here its 250$ fine. dont need that