Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern event

Foggerjet
    All right southerners, (or anyone else) , all these lakes look/sound great. Geographically they are good too. It will come down to travel distance and facilities at the lake. So post-up we will all need a place to stay . We must pick a place..

likwidsukr
    Kerr has my vote. Wide open water huge coves. Places to Camp and some hotels on the water and not alot of people. <------Smooth Water

Cheap Thrills
    Just 160 miles north and you could be back at Lake Anna from Lake Kerr
    C.T. :wink:

mickeyfinn
    Hey cool...this might actually happen. I know that kerr is closer to a lot of peeps but like the idea of keowee because it may attract some folks that couldn't or wouldn't make the longer drive to anna. Just thought that it would be nice to have an event that people from further south could get to easily. Just have to make sure I keep my ass in gear. Still working on getting mine ready for the water. Hopefully another 2 weeks will get it done. Or at least done enough.

Cheap Thrills
    I have come to a halt on my boat due to unseen prior idiot hull modifications . it goes though
    Have you ever been to a harley ralley ?
    There's always a "Rat Bike" on display.
    You know the one that has shieat strung all over it including it's last roadkill victim ? WELL ,,
    I'll be bringing the Rat Boat

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by mickeyfinn
    Hey cool...this might actually happen. I know that kerr is closer to a lot of peeps but like the idea of keowee because it may attract some folks that couldn't or wouldn't make the longer drive to anna. Just thought that it would be nice to have an event that people from further south could get to easily. Just have to make sure I keep my ass in gear. Still working on getting mine ready for the water. Hopefully another 2 weeks will get it done. Or at least done enough.
    Good thought . Still Kerr is worth the trip. I have seen Anna and Kerr. No comparison. Bigger (much) less populated. I will check out Lake Keowee.

Cheap Thrills
    Here ya go about all the maps and information one would need.
    http://www.lakesusa.com/asp/Frameset...eys/keowee.htm
    heres a lake Kerr view .
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1127i-camp.jpg
    And heres a Keowee view .http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...27lakeside.jpg

Foggerjet
    Hey CT, Driving a ratboat is better than watching fron the bank anyday! I have a ratboat too, at least compared to some of the phenominal rigs we see here.
    fog

mickeyfinn
    If this thing actually goes off maybe we can call it RATBOTE

Cheap Thrills
    I'll keep my eye open for some road kill
    Maybe even get a couple of bath towel racks for those "Help me Jesus bars. you'll want to be holding on when I twist this cats tail well maybe not the help me Jesus bar , but definitely the life jacket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast