Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customer service.

BigBlockBaja
    I called Miloden today with a question on my 460 jetboat oil pan. A LIVE person answered on the 2nd ring. He knew what I was asking and had my answer in 2 seconds. The whole phone call lasted about 30 seconds. Nice.
    http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif to Miloden.
    Oh, if your wondering, the oil drain on the marine pans are -12an.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Good to hear that they are taking care of customers. Comp cams on the other hand, you have to wait 2 hours untill you talk with a tech

cave
    Any time I call a tech for a question I get a guy from India who ends up pissed at me cause I cant understand him. Go figure.

A list of some favorites
    Products
    I've had real good luck with Edelbrock. They even sent me a free spanner wrench so I could rebuild my nitrous solenoids. (email and phone support were both real good)
    Mallory has been good about getting a real person (that speaks english) on the phone in a timely fashion. (email and phone support)
    Clay Smith Cam tech support was pretty decent to deal with. (they wanted to charge for a cam recommendation on email, phone call was a freebie).
    Paul at Bassett Racing has answered his phone. (I think email worked too)
    Products and service
    Duane at HTP real good (both phone and email)
    Jack at MPD real good (both phone and email)
    Dan Nelson at Jett Performance real good (in person and phone [no email])

YeLLowBoaT
    Good to hear that they are taking care of customers. Comp cams on the other hand, you have to wait 2 hours untill you talk with a tech
    they have techs??????? I never have been able to get ahold of one on the phone.....

garret
    The best that I have found is Tom Papp Racing!!! That guy kicks ass and wont sell you anything that you dont need and will help lead you in the right direction.

LakesOnly
    I called Miloden today with a question on my 460 jetboat oil pan.....
    Milodon Kicks Ass.
    Some years ago, when I first went into my jet boat motor for a rebuild, I came across this damaged windage tray that fractured at the louvers.
    http://a3.cpimg.com/image/57/3C/2951...-01FF0125-.jpg
    I sent it back to Milodon for their inspection, because they said they don't see this type of thing. Even though Milodon identified my windage tray as an outdated 10-year-old design (that lasted TEN YEARS), they sent me a new one, no charge. Pretty cool if you ask me, especially when you consider the extreme forces at work in the crankcases of our engines...over a ten year period.
    Paul
    p.s. : I had their old-style windage tray with the crank scraper welded in and the louvers stamped in the direction away from the rotating assembly. With the new tray, they have eliminated the welded-in crank scraper and instead stamped the louvers toward the rotating assembly so as to double as the crank scraper. On the new windage tray (nbelow), I drilled out the potentially fatigued area of the louvered sheetmetal.
    http://a4.cpimg.com/image/58/3C/2951...-022D0137-.jpg

The best that I have found is Tom Papp Racing!!! That guy kicks ass and wont sell you anything that you dont need and will help lead you in the right direction.
    Definitely heard good things about TPR. Just haven't had an opportunity to do business with em yet.
    I sent it back to Milodon for their inspection, because they said they don't see this type of thing. Even though Milodon identified my windage tray as an outdated 10-year-old design (that lasted TEN YEARS), they sent me a new one, no charge. Pretty cool if you ask me, especially when you consider the extreme forces at work in the crankcases of our engines...over a ten year period.
    That is pretty cool. If you think about it, the part probably only costs them a couple bucks to make, and it's just plain good business. I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to buy a pan for another motor or steer a customer their way after that?

BigBlockBaja
    Milodon Kicks Ass.
    Makes me happy I got one of there pans on my motor.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    A list of some favorites
    I've had real good luck with Edelbrock. They even sent me a free spanner wrench so I could rebuild my nitrous solenoids. (email and phone support were both real good)
    I have called them and got the run around on some valvecover bolts :cry:
    A list of some favorites
    Clay Smith Cam tech support was pretty decent to deal with. (they wanted to charge for a cam recommendation on email, phone call was a freebie).
    Top notch!!!! Clay smith taught me how to degree a cam over the phone!!! We were on the phone for an hour! His daughter is a smart lady as well!!!!!
    Duane at HTP real good (both phone and email)
    Jack at MPD real good (both phone and email)
    Dan Nelson at Jett Performance real good (in person and phone [no email])
    All 3 of these guys kick ass!!!! They all were nice on the phone and very helpful. I actually spoke to duane today and he is a very nice "old fashion" genuine business owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast