Thread: Rub Rails

Lickety_Split
    On my Sleek Craft i have noticed that the seam where the top and bottom of the hull was glued together is cracking the paint. This is the way that i bought it. There is supposed to be a rub rail there right? Do you guys have rub rails or what did you do to make it so it doesn't make the paint crack? Thanks for any help.

Ken F
    there probably was a crack there to begin with, and yes there should be a rub rail.
    It is available from several places, but I cant advise you as to where. Maybe Rex Marine, or Edie Marine?
    Ken F

Nucking futs
    L and L marine in corona.Is the boat capped? Meaning it was glassed up and the seam is gone?May be stress cracks if it was capped.

Lickety_Split
    No i don't think it was capped. It goes all the way around the boat. How do you cap it? I think that the rub rail was removed and then filled the crack with body filler and painted over it.

Ken F
    I'll bet you are just not familiar with the term capped. If you think about it, the bottom of your boat, or the hull was made in one mold. Then the top or the deck was made in another mold. The crack you are seeing is where the two pieces were joined together, which is usually covered by the rub-rail. Some one may have removed it, and filled the crack in...but that's why it's there.
    Ken F

N F and Ken are on it. If you want to order new molding or rub rail L and L is the place to go.
    http://www.llmarine.com/