Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Info?

KineticoH20
    My new Genesis 251 is going in the mold tomorrow.Instead of stock set up i'm having them put in the following, does this sound like it will be the bomb?
    Alpine 9830 w/xm
    JL 300/4 amp
    JL 500/1 mono amp
    6 MB Quart 116 61/2 coax
    2 JL 12W3 SUBS
    Would you change anything or add?? want to do it right the first time. All of the above would be $1500. thx don

mbrown2
    Sounds like a pretty good system to me....nice gear..

Phat Matt
    Is the boat shop doing the install? Some of them may know how to make it look clean, but do they know how to build a proper box for the subs. Also speaker placement can make a big difference in sound quality. Might want to find out.
    Good luck!

KineticoH20
    Originally posted by Phat Matt
    Is the boat shop doing the install? Some of them may know how to make it look clean, but do they know how to build a proper box for the subs. Also speaker placement can make a big difference in sound quality. Might want to find out.
    Good luck!
    Yes the boat shop is doing it and they seem to have one individual who seems to be audio savy

77charger
    sounds pretty good to me its more than i have and mine sounds pretty good now.
    I run 4 6x9s 1 L5 sub with an xtant 600 4 channel amp.I have a sony 630 deck and a t67 6 disc changer

riverbound
    The only thing I would recommend is change the 6.5s out to 6x9s dont listen to that b.s. about 6.5s sounding better. Its a boat build for volume it will sound better. Trust me I do 50-60 boats a month during the summer time and the 6x9 always work out better in boats.

ROZ
    Originally posted by riverbound
    change the 6.5s out to 6x9s dont listen to that b.s. about 6.5s sounding better. You're kidding, right? They're totally different speakers...
    Do we need to go the IASCA route and build a pair of idectical systems and face off?

ROZ
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Sounds like a pretty good system to me....nice gear.. I agree 100% with the man who won the OP6 stereo contest

Phat Matt
    Originally posted by ROZ
    You're kidding, right? They're totally different speakers...
    Do we need to go the IASCA route and build a pair of idectical systems and face off?
    I think Roz is right. They are totally different speakers. One is round, and the other is oval. I have both set up in mine, but if you go 6x9's I will say my Infinity Kappa's are the best sounding, clearest 6x9's speakers I have ever heard. They are power hungry though. But they sound amazing, IMHO.
    But then again, Roz never got to hear my system.
    I was too busy making Slurricanes for everyone!

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by riverbound
    I do 50-60 boats a month during the summer time and the 6x9 always work out better in boats.
    You personally install 50-60 boats per month? Man...that coffee machine must be working overtime...I don't know many custom shops that can do that.
    I've tried 6x9's...apples to apples, the 6.5's always worked out better (unless you were selling 6x9's).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast