Thread: I may have found a couple mph

I was puttering around the boat a little while ago, and thought I'd check the angle on the ride plate. I put a sraight edge on the keel extending back past the ride plate (this is an E pump). Other than the obvious problem E's have of needing a shoe because the rear of the intake is above the keel by over a 1/4" (at least mine is), the plate was FLAT! Zero degrees! I just got done pulling the last of the shims, and remeasured it. Now it's at 4 degrees.
    Any guesses what this'll do? I know the rule of thumb is 4-6 degrees up, and this is as far up as I can take it. I thought it had a decent set before, just wondering if this'll air it out a little more.

calperf19
    Roost,
    When Jack set mine up he set it at four degrees. I think you'll see a change for the better. You would think with less drag trying to put the nose of the boat over would help. Hope you found something there!
    Later BK

BarryMac
    Second stupid question of the day, what does the ride plate look like and where is it mounted??? Please excuse the ignorance...
    gjb

wsuwrhr
    Better saw a couple of sight holes in the bottom of the boat so you can see where you are going with that thing aired out as it will be.
    Brian
    I need to sand and inch off the keel of my boat to lighten it up.
    Family layups suck.