Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old photos

Santana
    OK Havasu fans, here is a few old photos. We moved there in 68. It was awesome, only lived a mile from the lake, and was on the lake all summer, rode our motorcycles all over town, started Mudshark, not the restuarant but the beach it was named after, which is now Rotary park, we used to drag race our jeeps on the beach, Copper Canyon was just a canyon, there was no channel or bridge, the sand bar you play on today was probably in Bulhead! Wow what change, It is alot of fun today but a blast to grow up in Lake Havasu City.
    The photo is where the brdige is today.

dmontzsta
    cool, old photos are great.

Cole Sanger
    You probably knew my parents or some of my family. Do the last names Knipe, Keefer, Cullison, or Ecland ring a bell?

Santana
    Here is another photo

Santana
    Originally posted by Cole Sanger
    You probably knew my parents or some of my family. Do the last names Knipe, Keefer, Cullison, or Ecland ring a bell?
    Are any of them about 44 old now?

HavasuDreamin'
    Great photos. You probably remember when there wasn't one signal in town. When there were only three signal in town, and when you could buy just about anything you needed at Yellow Front down on London Bridge Road.

alfonzo
    Where are the arial shots J/K. those are very cool!Its a trip to see a city go through so many changes over 40 years!!

RVRGIRL
    Thanks for sharing those photos. Alot different from now. I still wish we had some type of a mall. Its hard only being able 2 shop at Wallmart or Kmart.

Santana
    Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
    Great photos. You probably remember when there wasn't one signal in town. When there were only three signal in town, and when you could buy just about anything you needed at Yellow Front down on London Bridge Road.
    You are right, or Claypools uptown, or the G&P market.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by RVRGIRL
    Thanks for sharing those photos. Alot different from now. I still wish we had some type of a mall. Its hard only being able 2 shop at Wallmart or Kmart.
    Horizon outlet Center in Laughlin. Granted it's 70 miles away but it's accessible. The city keep growing the way it is the mall out by the airport will take off. Especially if they get a Costco to come in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast