Hi I have an 89 eliminator that is in great shape and just blew the engine on Saturday, I think it either spun a bearing or broke a rod. The engine was about 6 years old on its last rebuild and had quite a few hours on it so I guess that is just the way it goes, im trying to look at this as an opportunity to improve the boat, I have a few questions that I would like run by you guys before I decied what direction I would like to go with this. Thanks in advance for the help
Should I consider moving to a 454 or other block or is the cost of the other peripherals I would have to buy for a conversion just too much. If so how much of an extra cost would this be?
Who does a good job at rebuilding olds 455's and what type of cost am I looking at for a full rebuild including the heads?
Is there anything else I should be considering here, my goal is to have a reliable boat that runs for 6 more years and my friends and I can enjoy. As long as it pulls 65mph like it did with the other olds ill be happy.