Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you fill holes in the bottom of your boat?

dmontzsta
    I was thinking of making a bracket for the down pedal and the only option is going down the bottom with a few bolts. My worry is, if it starts leaking or I need to take it out. How do you fill them? I would think some fiberglass shoved in there would work. I wouldnt be concerned with painting the bottom, since it will not be seen.
    Any takers?

I have seen a flat with a peddle strut that was a peice of aluminum angle.
    the short leg of the angle is mounted to the stringer. The long end extends out parralel to the floor under the peddle shaft. A bearing was then mounted to the long leg where required.

superdave013
    dmontzsta
    I could be talked out of that one I bought from Holly Molly. I bet the bracket would fit your boat. The way it is now I can only use a few parts and the bracket is not one of them. It bolts to the stringer and NOT through the bottom. (I'm not a big fan of drilling the bottom of boats)
    If you want it you've got it. I paid 75 bucks for the entier assy and I'll let it go for the same. The pedal is in good shape and the bracket, bearings, shaft, and control rod are all polished.

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by superdave013
    dmontzsta
    I could be talked out of that one I bought from Holly Molly. I bet the bracket would fit your boat. The way it is now I can only use a few parts and the bracket is not one of them. It bolts to the stringer and NOT through the bottom. (I'm not a big fan of drilling the bottom of boats)
    If you want it you've got it. I paid 75 bucks for the entier assy and I'll let it go for the same. The pedal is in good shape and the bracket, bearings, shaft, and control rod are all polished.
    Do you have any pics of everything you have?
    Repo Man has contacted his brother to see if he still has the parts.
    I will definately let you know.
    Thanks Dave.

HM
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    Do you have any pics of everything you have?
    Repo Man has contacted his brother to see if he still has the parts.
    I will definately let you know.
    Thanks Dave.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...terior0016.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...terior0032.jpg
    Here are a couple of pics - not a lot of detail, but you get the idea.

superdave013
    It's pretty nice. And I will use parts of it if you don't want it.
    But if it fits your boat as is you can have it.
    It's just the pedal assy with the mounting plate, bearings and all that. 75.00 is what I paid. So that's what you can have it for.
    The finshline lock out is not included.
    Your best bet is to log off for an hour and come over and look at it. I'm around after 4 everyday.

dmontzsta
    Where at do you work? I am right next to the Anaheim stadium. Did you get a chance to see the pic of the lever I am using?

HM
    .......Your best bet is to log off for an hour.......
    Now your just being unreasonable.
    Dave, if Donald doesn't take it, I will buy it back....I have a guy who needs it. And, the bolt holes match perfectly for some reason!?!?!?! I sold (traded) my Mandella this last weekend and the gentleman needs a down pedal to match the gas pedal.

HM
    ....... from Holly Molly......
    LOL - That cracks me up everytime you type it! Don't know if it is accidental or on purpose, either way it is funny!!

superdave013
    dmontzsta
    We have to do the right thing here. I did give you first shot at the part. But....... and this is hard for me to do.......
    It came out of a very very nice boat that should NEVER have been parted out. It's gotta go back home man. I hope you understand but I could not live with myself knowing that boat is out there looking for the very part I have.
    Read the latest Dave Sammons thread to see what I mean. Some things just have a home and this part needs to be back in HOLLY MOLLY's old flat. I'm even giving up the finshline lock out that I've looked for for so long. I'll find another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast