Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Boating Etiquette Question.

OutCole'd
    If you are staying at the Nautical. Have your sand spike in the ground, and decide to go for an hour boat ride, is it cool for someone to pull up, move your spike and take your spot??
    Happened to me this weekend. Come back to get ready for dinner, and there is a boat there. Pissed as hell, I take my boat out. See the people the next morning. The wife is telling me it's not OK to save spots, ????. So you can not go for a ride in your boat? Total BS. The husband tells me, there was no spike there, after the wife tells me they moved it.
    Not worth the hassle. I won't be staying at the Nautical again. To many morons for me.
    What do you think??

Mandelon
    Did ya leave a bouy there? Bouys are critical in spot saving.
    I think that they are rude to move your stuff, but its not like its illegal. What if you came back and there were spikes everywhere........what would you do?
    I wouldn't leave my boat beached anywhere I wasn't going to be able to keep an eye on it. Someone stole my anchor line at Squaw last month.... Shit happens.....expect it.
    All the times I have stayed there I have seen boats banging into each other on that beach......
    If I can't put it in a slip, I put it on the trailer.

fourspeednup
    Personally I wouldn't have moved it. If I were to pull in for a bit I'd have stayed(or someone else would) with the boat in case the boat came back. I for sure wouldn't have moved your stake, parked my boat there, and left
    edit: along the lines of what mandy was saying...the one time I stayed there I saw 4 boats bumping each other and 2 people using the bow of an AO cat as a ramp from the beach to the boat(with sandy shoes on):yuk:

nextasex
    People should figure that the spike is there for a reason. Nautical needs to come up with a plan to solve this problem, I know exactly what you are upset about! Maybe next time, try using an EZ UP and some chairs to save your spot. I doubt people will move all that.
    Take Care,
    Frank

77charger
    The way i see it is if it were a crowded area or temp parking like the bridge you move you lose it.As for the nautical if you are staying there i would at least put out and anchor line and tie the rope to the sand spike when i leave.
    If you are going to the beach for day use you leave you lose it imo

Scream
    I've only stayed there once, but I think it's horse shit personnaly. If you drop the dime on stayin there you should be expected to save your spot on the beach, as long as your not hoggin the whole beach..
    Just my opinion, but it's really not cool to move someone elses shit .
    Scream

Dr. Eagle
    Personally I don't think it is even slightly OK... I think it is pretty chicken sh*t in fact. If you were there before and got the spot, staked it out (so to speak) and johnny come lately shows up and just decides to move in... naw, that's bs. It is a little like showing up in a campground, and moving someones unoccupied tent out of the way so you can move in...
    No class whatsoever.

ahhell
    two trains of thought...
    1. if you were at the mall, and had to go across the street for something would you expect your spot to be there when you got back?
    2. Would you move someones beach towel when they went to go splash for a while.....NO...not cool
    I'd go with #2.....Shoot em......j/k dont shoot em, no matter how much you want to

Debbolas
    We had our boat all steaked out and were about to drop the box anchor and I just got a funny feeling about the place. We were on the suite side which faces the lake, directly. I just didn't want to leave my boat there, so we trailered it.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Debbolas
    We had our boat all steaked out and were about to drop the box anchor and I just got a funny feeling about the place. We were on the suite side which faces the lake, directly. I just didn't want to leave my boat there, so we trailered it.
    I left mine on that same side Deb for 6 days. But it was in the off season... but I had no probs...

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast