Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad accident on the river last week.

eliminatedsprinter
    I have been off the boards for a week. Did anyone post anything about the accident that happened last week? Apparently a large cat was struck head on by a smaller boat at high speed and a man and his 10 year old son were killed. Has anyone posted the details?

91nordic29
    in today's az republic:
    Search for dad after boat crash suspended
    advertisement
    Associated Press
    Jun. 21, 2004 12:00 AM
    LAKE HAVASU CITY - Heavy boat traffic forced divers to suspend a search over the weekend for a Southern California man missing since a boat crash killed one of his sons and seriously injured another, authorities said.
    Tyler Patchett, 10, of Moorpark, Calif., was killed in the Wednesday crash.
    His brother, Stephan Patchett, 18, was airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
    He was listed in good condition Friday.
    Steven Patchett was thrown from the boat and has been missing since the crash. Divers were using sonar and a remote-operated vehicle, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, which was conducting the search.
    The father's 32- to 34-foot catamaran collided with a powerboat Wednesday on the lake straddling the California-Arizona border.
    The boys' mother and sister were at a resort about 20 miles away when the crash occurred, authorities said.
    Four adults and two children aboard the powerboat suffered minor injuries.
    The search was scheduled to resume today.

Brady Bunch
    That's Horrible! What a tragic accident.
    My prayers go out to there family!

riverrunner
    My prayers go out to the family. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now.

JetBoatRich
    I did not hear about it, terrible news my heart goes out to the family as they go through this terrible time

sandblasted
    The L.A. Daily news carried the story on friday...They claimed the other boater admitted to drinking alcohol....just a tragic event no matter what the cause was...

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by sandblasted
    The L.A. Daily news carried the story on friday...They claimed the other boater admitted to drinking alcohol....just a tragic event no matter what the cause was...
    That is where I read about it also. It hit me close to home, because I love to boat with my 10 year old son. Since I have no other kids, if he was to parish in an accident, I would want to be granted the mercy of being killed with him.

Bre
    My husbands parents are out there right now..they said they had a bunch of people/boats looking for him yesterday I hate hearing about stuff like this.

No Regrets
    Someone @ Springs said the boats were playin chicken.
    Are you ****in kidding me?

eliminatedsprinter
    With his 10 year old on board???Oh god....If that is true, then it would indeed be mercifull for the father to have died with him. What father could ever live something like that down?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast