Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best marina to launch a 29 near Needles?

skygod73
    Just wondering which launch ramps are best for launching a 29?
    We like staying in Laughlin and driving down. Is the Avi large enough, and is the water deep enough heading south? How about Park Moabi? I just did Needles marina thanks to Frenchie, and it was good. Any other good suggestions?
    Thanks.

Hustler
    Try Moabi, if the water is down at needles you will have a hard time getting out but at Moabi you should have no problems at all

dicudmore
    people have suggested moabi to me also, have not put my 29 in there yet....

SoCalOffshore
    Moabi should be fine, but I find it a tad small for that large of a boat. Namely just making the turn and backing down with the curbs as lane markers.

FRENCHIE
    Originally posted by skygod73
    Just wondering which launch ramps are best for launching a 29?
    We like staying in Laughlin and driving down. Is the Avi large enough, and is the water deep enough heading south? How about Park Moabi? I just did Needles marina thanks to Frenchie, and it was good. Any other good suggestions?
    Thanks.
    no problems bro! how come your still looking???

DogHouse
    I've launched my 28 cat at Moabi and Avi. Avi is a small ramp stuck out in the current without much of a breakwater. Once you leave the trailer you better be in gear and under power! Moabi is a great place to launch, totally protected and quiet. Great beach too. Yeah there are little curb dividers between the lanes but that just keeps ya honest and in your own lane.
    Wait a minute, what am I saying, Moabi sucks, yeah that's the ticket!

Mandelon
    Topock Marina is well protected and deep enough. Watch the mouth on the way out. It is across the bridge and a bit south of Moabi. It doesn't have the 1/4 mile no wake zone either. Not a ton of parking, but I've never seen it that busy, has food and gas, and is only $5.

FRENCHIE
    good to know!

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by Mandelon
    Topock Marina is well protected and deep enough. Watch the mouth on the way out. It is across the bridge and a bit south of Moabi. It doesn't have the 1/4 mile no wake zone either. Not a ton of parking, but I've never seen it that busy, has food and gas, and is only $5.
    Topock has a very narrow and steep ramp. But so long as you have a powerful tow rig and can finesse the gas pedal it shouldn't be a prob pulling out

ACCEPTENCE
    We tried to launch our salvage vessel there (Topock) and with a 32 foot long trailer unless the water is up-up the trailer bottoms out in the back, no launchin there. $10.00 per day.
    Don't know about Moabi. ???
    Needles is always a good place to launch. $10.00 per day.
    If your there before 10:00 when they shut down the ramp to the public.
    Jack Smith Park just south of Needles on the same road is very launchable when the water is up. Even when the water is low if you run down the middle of the ramp then at the last moment aim the trailer sideways towards the river channel you should have enough depth and be fine. $5.00 per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast