Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Mickey Thompson Parts Needed!

Dave Sammons
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...517mtboat1.jpg
    Pictured above is Mickey Thompson's 1962 Mandella, "BLUE". He competed in a few of the 500mile races with this boat as well as some ski racing. After a season and a half, he had a centerseater built that was identical to "RAWHIDE". A gentleman in Burbank currently owns the boat. The boat is in amazing shape for it's age, with almost all of it's original parts! The only parts that are missing are the 2 M/T Flame Arrestor's. We also could use an M/T FE Front Cover as well. We will probably start the restoration late this year. If anyone has a lead on where I might be able to round this stuff up I would appreciate it! Our brothers over on the asphalt have done a much better job than us boat guys of preserving their history. Of course, there's a whole lot of reasons why, but, when these boats are gone, they're gone.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...fest_start.jpg
    Here's a shot of a dragster that my partner and I restored last year for the Cacklefest in Bakersfield. It is a 1963 Kent Fuller chassis, that was known as "CHUBASCO" and driven by Jack Ewell, who, what a coincidence, was the parts manager at Thompson's shop. This is a complete running car, that was pushstarted for the event on 50% nitro. The plan will be to restore the old Mandella to this kind of quality.

83nordic
    Dave, you might give Eddie Mcpheeters a call. He and his father are big Mandella fans and also die hard FE Ford folks.They have a variety of old stuff and I am sure they would be interested in your project and help if they can.
    ph.520-400-1423

superdave013
    Dave, I hope you post a ton of pics of that boat when it hits your shop.
    That is going to be one coooooooooooooooool project!

dmontzsta
    I hope you are able to track down those parts. As Dave said, also a ton of pics. What FE is going in there? I think I might know where some M/T FE Valve Covers are.

vdriver4ever
    Dave I really enjoyed talking with you on the phone last week. I have a three page letter wrote on what I would like to see done to my Nordskog.
    I will take pictures this week and send them to you.
    Thanks Pat

MAXIMUS
    Very cool indeed!

haulina29
    Dave isnt that Bill Steckers old dragster that he ran out of the Muffler shop in San Pedro

Dave Sammons
    Originally posted by 83nordic
    Dave, you might give Eddie Mcpheeters a call. He and his father are big Mandella fans and also die hard FE Ford folks.They have a variety of old stuff and I am sure they would be interested in your project and help if they can.
    ph.520-400-1423
    Will do, thanks for the help!

Dave Sammons
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    I hope you are able to track down those parts. As Dave said, also a ton of pics. What FE is going in there? I think I might know where some M/T FE Valve Covers are.
    It really will be a cool project! You can count on some pics. As far as the motor, we'll be using a 427 side-oiler as original.

Dave Sammons
    Originally posted by haulina29
    Dave isnt that Bill Steckers old dragster that he ran out of the Muffler shop in San Pedro
    You're right on. The car was known when it first hit the asphalt as "Ewell-Stecker-Kamboor". I've got to know the Stecker family real well over the course of this project. Bill is in his 70's and a great guy. He saw the car for the first time at the Cacklefest last year. All the old San Pedro guys hung with us for the weekend, it was great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast