Thread: So this is how my friday went...

spute
    I wait in a decent line at Katherines to launch. I get her in the water, idle in marina for about 10 minutes while the Mrs. parks the car/trailer. i have my 2 and 4 year olds in the boat while my mother in law is on the dock waiting for a spot to open up when all of a sudden.............
    the boat over heats.
    So i get a spot on the dock and wait, and wait, and wait for the Mrs. to get back all while trying to keep the kids entertained and the mother in law informed on what just happened and what it is going to do to our afternoon. luckily the repair shop was wide open that day and could get it fixed that afternoon. So it's back up to the top lot to find my car, sit in a line that is now twice as long as the one i was in earlier that day, and pull my boat out for repair.
    Great day.

summerlove
    Originally posted by spute
    I wait in a decent line at Katherines to launch. I get her in the water, idle in marina for about 10 minutes while the Mrs. parks the car/trailer. i have my 2 and 4 year olds in the boat while my mother in law is on the dock waiting for a spot to open up when all of a sudden.............
    the boat over heats.
    So i get a spot on the dock and wait, and wait, and wait for the Mrs. to get back all while trying to keep the kids entertained and the mother in law informed on what just happened and what it is going to do to our afternoon. luckily the repair shop was wide open that day and could get it fixed that afternoon. So it's back up to the top lot to find my car, sit in a line that is now twice as long as the one i was in earlier that day, and pull my boat out for repair.
    Great day.
    I hate katherine's.......
    oh, and sorry to hear about the boat!

LaveyJet
    We were at Mohave last Friday and I was very surprised how long the lines were. I didn't launch at Katherines, went to the "other place" and had a 10 minute wait.

JetBoatRich
    Sorry to hear about your boat pretty cool you were able to get it repaired quickly
    the lines there suck, good to try other places:eek!:

Lightning
    So what was the diagnosis on the boat?

uclahater
    Originally posted by LaveyJet
    We were at Mohave last Friday and I was very surprised how long the lines were. I didn't launch at Katherines, went to the "other place" and had a 10 minute wait.
    I was at Katherines and telephone cove from Wednesday to Saturday and could not believe how busy it was. Saturday morning at 7:30 Katherines was backed up past the 2nd parking lot , we went to telephone cove and got there just in time right after we launched the boat and were pulling out to the lake I looked back and it was backed up all the way up the dirt road and lasted that way for 3 hours.

spute
    the diagnosis was the intake.....$210 to fix it. not too bad. i thought it would be covered under warranty but the mechanic said no dice--- Merc won't warranty the parts.