Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day at the lake!

CircleJerk
    Two flips at Banks Lake, myself and one of our new drivers got their faces wet. I wish I could trade my minor injuries for his dislocated shoulder. Heading to my doc now but wanted my friends here, if any, to know. I suspect cavitation hardware failure in my case. The bow just shot to the top floor of a high rise and SS83 spit me out like a bad wad of chewing tabacco!

dmontzsta
    Glad nothing major happened to you, how about the boat?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Sorry to hear that Boyd, hope your O.K.!

CircleJerk
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    Glad nothing major happened to you, how about the boat?
    Boat is fine, that proves how well our boats were built especailly with its fragile deck and trunk area. The engine isnt and is missing: headers, carb, scoop, distributor cap coil, and misc hoses. There is a large bend in the cavitation plate link that may have contributed to the wheel stand. Right now SS83 may be in permanent mothballs. Its not for sale since this is the only way I can prevent this from happening again to someone else. I still feel this could have been worse if I were on a longer faster course. Thanks for your concern.

CircleJerk
    Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Sorry to hear that Boyd, hope your O.K.!
    Thanks Jerr, no broken bones according to xrays today, I just cant walk or sit down or laugh well! I have bruises on top of bruises. Its an eye opener for sure. The other driver is doing better than I and plans on riding his hog instead of boat racing.

uclahater
    Originally posted by CircleJerk
    Boat is fine, that proves how well our boats were built especailly with its fragile deck and trunk area. The engine isnt and is missing: headers, carb, scoop, distributor cap coil, and misc hoses. There is a large bend in the cavitation plate link that may have contributed to the wheel stand. Right now SS83 may be in permanent mothballs. Its not for sale since this is the only way I can prevent this from happening again to someone else. I still feel this could have been worse if I were on a longer faster course. Thanks for your concern.
    Glad to here your OK thats what matters most
    Ty newton ss-70 had a malfunction with his plate in red bluff that caused him to chime over and take out gus in the SS-501 boat. Everybody said it was very lucky it was 2 skilled drivers in that case or someone could have been seriously hurt both boats had a lot of side damage.
    Be glad you have the experience you have, it probably helped from making things worse.
    Sorry to here about your motor I hope you can fix it

dmontzsta
    dang, that sucks...sounds like a Lavey down. on a good note you are still here to talk about it and I am sure you will make a comeback whichever way is best for you.

fastvdriver
    boyd sorry to here about the swimming lesson glad that you are ok hope this doesn't slow you down in the promotion of the sport. I know it will be only a matter of time until you get another boat up and running Good Luck
    and tell your wife to stay dry.
    Jeff

e-ticket
    CJ, sorry to hear of your mishap. Hope you mend soon. You have a great wife there that will take well care of you. I know you will be back soon. I know it is in your blood!

BILLY.B
    There is a large bend in the cavitation plate link that may have contributed to the wheel stand. Right now SS83 may be in permanent mothballs. Boyd sorry to hear about this but on the other hand glad your not beat up to bad. My question is.....cavitation plate link????. Am I just not reading this right?, or maybe I have never heard this term.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast