Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pumping 4 a innercooler

plaster dave
    ok i have a dash 12 pick up line in the bottom of my boat for the innercooler but someone said that i should also tap off the water pump is this correct???? please help a brother out

J540
    Originally posted by plaster dave
    ok i have a dash 12 pick up line in the bottom of my boat for the innercooler but someone said that i should also tap off the water pump is this correct???? please help a brother out
    OK. now think about this for a min, how can you tap off the w/pump dont you think the water is going to push out the -12 pick up, or the water pump lose psi/vol, to were it should be going like the motor cuz it could by-pass thru the -12.
    if you want PM me for my # and we can talk.
    JOHN.

Infomaniac
    I like to run the intercooler and oil cooler in series from a pickup in the boat. You need a strainer and relief valve when feeding them from a pick up.
    Does not tie in to the pump.

J540
    I see why the Strainer but why do you need a relief valve.

Jrocket
    Originally posted by J540
    How do you control the water pressure or spike?

superdave013
    Originally posted by J540
    Because they are not using your coolers.
    -16 pick up and no relief valve for me!
    I myself don't put any thing in series with the cooler. I want that pup to flow as much as I can get.
    J540, when do I get one of those pumps???

Jrocket
    Originally posted by superdave013
    Because they are not using your coolers.
    -16 pick up and no relief valve for me!
    I myself don't put any thing in series with the cooler. I want that pup to flow as much as I can get.
    J540, when do I get one of those pumps???
    What are his coolers?
    Whats this sweet deal youve got going I see?

KNOT-RIGHT
    I run seperate 1inch thru hull pickups through 1 1/4 hose to strainers then #12 to the cooler then #16 thru transom dumps. the larger discharge is to releave any spike pressure. I didnt want any flow at idle and I get plenty of water running through at speed. We operate in salt water. I just stuff the garden hose in the transom dump to flush it.
    Gerry

rustyk
    Originally posted by caveman
    I run seperate 1inch thru hull pickups through 1 1/4 hose to strainers then #12 to the cooler then #16 thru transom dumps. the larger discharge is to releave any spike pressure. I didnt want any flow at idle and I get plenty of water running through at speed. We operate in salt water. I just stuff the garden hose in the transom dump to flush it.
    Gerry
    Super Chiller says to regulate the flow from the chiller to prevent bad idle Just my $.2 what i read. This is what i want to know, I have a two stage sea pump with one inch outlets, One runs in my frt crossover the other tee's off in my Chiller. Seems that when i first hooked it up too much water through chiller and not enough though block, Do i need to restrict the flow on the chiller and if i do in frt of it or in back? Please help.
    Rusty

Larry Nebb
    Do not restrict the outlet of a superchiller. And you should put some kind of pressure regulator on it.
    Also I would run one line to the inlet and use both outlets tee'ed together so you make sure there is less restriction.
    Those chillers have the cores sealed to the caps with big O rings. If you get to much pressuer in them they leak and out go the rods!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast