Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Springs

LVjetboy
    Just back this weekend and the wildlife's great...
    http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/Sheep.jpg
    Those big horn sheep according to Karen but I was leaning to the goat theory...
    http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/Goat.jpg
    But then they said..."Baa-aa-ah, we're na-augh-tt gooatt's!" So maybe not.
    Anyway, SE Havasu's rough the whole weekend with big cats, wake barges n' jet skis and moderate wind chop so I hang in what little freakin' coves they got. Up to the Captain's Table for breakfast the next morning thru London Bridge then back down to the Springs. Late afternoon slow cruising here and there waiting for a jet or prop to run.
    Finally I see a target in the distance. Big rooster, another slow jet easy kill no doubt, but a 1/4 mile away. Gas good so I say what the h*ll run her up pull along side and challenge, he takes the bait.
    Or did I?
    That sucker in the orange and blue pulls hard! We trade off side by side in not so good chop both suck air. Karen keeps me (somewhat) mellow with her slow down signals. Turns out this dude's Steve Raasch with a not so mild jet so drat my luck...
    http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/LooksKill.jpg
    Featured in the May 2004 Special Performance section of HBM, "If Looks Could Kill" we stop and chat. Still claims he doesn't know how fast (ya right), but 6200 rpm on rocket fuel with a 13:1 engine and you can smell it. Two foot shorter than the Dragn' and no 100+ lb stereo but hey, it's got four seats. I'm thinking, no wonder he doesn't see the back end of many boats.
    Just another day on the lake...
    jer

superdave013
    I bet he does not have any bolt heads under his boat either.
    Cool pics jer. Did you get some wool in yer boots?

LVjetboy
    Enough for a couple seat covers and a pair of fuzzy dice. That shot taken somewhere near Rattlesnake Cove I think...while we were swimming in it Thinking do those snakes even like water? Wouldn't it ruin their little rattlers?
    jer

Squirtin Thunder
    LVjetboy,
    Did he run you ??? That is a v bottom boat right ??? Looks like next time you need to leave the wife at the dock. And the stereo !!! Or a bigger shot !!!
    Jim

superdave013
    Originally posted by Squirtin Thunder
    LVjetboy,
    Did he run you ??? That is a v bottom boat right ??? Looks like next time you need to leave the wife at the dock. And the stereo !!! Or a bigger shot !!!
    Jim
    I would start with getting those bolt heads off the bottom of the boats running surface.
    CA'MON, set-up set-up set-up

I'm with dave on the bolts. That ought to get you a whole lot of shit nothin to start with.

Squirtin Thunder
    Bolt heads on the bottom ????? On the running surface come on now we all know better than that !!!!
    Everything has to be SMOOOOOOOTH !!!!
    I actually heard many years ago that that was worth 3-5mph above 80mph !!!!
    Jim

I doubt any of these boats have the bolt heads on the running surface. 3-5 mph increase above 80, when there is not even contact with water? Dosnt matter. Anyhow, I was just teasin Dave. Those bolt heads bug the hell out of him

LVjetboy
    Thunder, I think his a shallow v? We ran from about 40 mph up to (maybe) low 80's...not a full run for choppy water. I can stay hooked pretty good in rough but the pump unloaded slightly a couple times and I eased off. If those bolts were in the water, they weren't there for long
    Neither of us took a clear lead...BUT...when I glanced over on a smoother part I thought I saw him pulling me slightly. And if he really does turn a "B" to 6200, with a shorter hull and less weight, he's probably faster. I was just surprised to see him hanging with me...so much for the "easy kill"
    jer

superdave013
    Originally posted by gunslinger
    I doubt any of these boats have the bolt heads on the running surface. 3-5 mph increase above 80, when there is not even contact with water? Dosnt matter. Anyhow, I was just teasin Dave. Those bolt heads bug the hell out of him
    Yes he does. Here is the pic LV posted of the running surface of his boat. Said he has 8 of them!
    set-up set-up set-up!!!
    http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/ThruBolt.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast