Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Escondido/San Diego

Kachina26
    Going to a wedding this weekend down in Escondido. (Oh joy) Anyway, my wife and I have a day to kill on Saturday. I would like to take her somewhere nice to eat and perhaps down to Crystal Pier. Any ideas on where to eat breakfast? Better beaches?

BarryMac
    Hey Kachina26,
    Where did you end up getting a room?
    There are some great places to eat on the coast, no more than 20 minutes from Escondido, the wife and I like Las Olas, it is in Cardiff by the Sea, awesome Margaritas and good authentic Mexican Food also it's casual flip flops, shorts and tanktops are ok, it's on Hwy. 101 on the East side, there are also some great restaruants right across the street from Las Olas, little more pricy and the atmosphere is a lot classier (no flip flops ). One thing to consider is the San Diego County Fair is happening right now, it's at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, there are lots of good eats there but they are all fattening as hell. Crystal Pier is a good 45 minutes away, it's in Pacific Beach, there are a few good eateries there also it's a major party town, lots of Bars and Pubs. The Gaslamp district in Downtown SD is happening, tons of places to eat and drink and a ton of querky little shops, great place on a weekend night, wont be to crowded this weekend, the Padres are out of town, hope that this gives you some ideas. Wish we were going to be in town just in case I thought of something else, we will be at the River...
    gjb

Tyson Ross
    Do not know you time table but in Pacific Beach there is the Broken Yoke or the Eggery ( on the beach for most part) for breakfast, or you can go to Rocky's on Ingraham for the best burger you ever had (get a pitcher of beer too), or go to Case de Pico in Old Town and get a fish bowl margarita..

Kachina26
    We ended up at the comfort Inn, on west valley parkway. Seems like it should be ok and they have wireless internet access. I'd rather be at the river, at least I know my way around there. Thanx for the tips, if anyone else has ideas please share.

Kachina26
    What beach in oceanside is nice?

ROZ
    Are you here now? Shit you're only about 5 minuites from GGAJB, RUBTHS, and me..lol

ROZ
    San Maros has restraunt row. Plenty of good places to eat there...
    Get on the 15 north , 78 west, San Marcos BLVD west(left), and it's about a mile up on your right hand side..
    Oceanside harbor/beach has plenty of sand to relax on. i spoke to my cousin(works there) yesterday and was told that it's partially sunny over there. 78 west exit Oceanside Harbor west and follow the road to the left where it T's at the harbor. This will lead you around to the beach. A couple nice shops and Rockin' Baja Lobster is there...
    Carlsbad village area also has a few nice touristy places to visit... 78 west, 5 south, exit carlsbad village dr and go right.... Mexican place south of the corner of Cbad village on the 101 has good foor. The seawall is a nice leisurely stroll..
    I agree with GGJB about Las Olas. Good Mexican food across from the beach...
    You could also hit the village of Del Mar, but it wil likely be crowded from the fair...
    OceanBeach's Newport blvd is a cool place to wander and grab a beer, too... 15 south, 8 west to the end and follow the sunset cliffs signs. Make a right onto Newport Blvd and follow to the end. There's a pier there as well nearby parking. Some of the peeps are still stuck in the 60's there... A few tatoo shops if ya wanna get ink Nico's has good mexican eats!!!

BarryMac
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    What beach in oceanside is nice?
    Personally don't care for O'Side beaches, I would head South to Carlsbad, the Seawall that Roz mentioned is really cool, when your heading south it's just as you leave the C'bad Downtown area, if you surf there is some pretty good surf there as well.
    There is a pretty good Micro Brew in Restraunt row in San Marcos, believe it or not it is called San Marcos Brewery, good food and better BEER...
    gjb

ahhell
    What......do you guys have monthly weddings in San Diego???
    Ship a gift, tell them you kicked your prop and cut your foot and head to the river

Kachina26
    Originally posted by ahhell
    What......do you guys have monthly weddings in San Diego???
    Ship a gift, tell them you kicked your prop and cut your foot and head to the river
    No, a month ago I was prepping for this one. Hey, I did manage to fanagle a day off of work When am I gonna see your clan at Havasu? I got my eye out for that Camaro here in town.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast