Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panther Jet

JET-O-VATOR
    WILL SOME PLEASE SHOW SOME STUFF ON HERE THAT WILL TELL MY BUDDY THAT HE WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH A PANTHER JET COMPARED TO THE 12-JG HE HAS NOW.... HE FOUND A HULL BUT IT HAS A PANTHER AND IM TRYIN TO TALK HIM OUT OF IT SO EITHER PROVE ME RIGHT OR WRONG........

Panthers Suck

Cas
    all depends on what he wants to do with the boat. I have a boat with a Panther on it and another with a JG on it right now. Both have their pro's and cons.
    For a little better than stock power, say up to about 400-450 hp, I'll take a Panther. If he's wanting to go faster than about 70-75, he should probably go with a different pump.
    I've run a Panther for the past 5 years and there's a lot of benefits to them but as I say, it depends on what your friend wants to use the boat for.

JET-O-VATOR
    well what do you guys think he has an eliminator 19.5 right now that the jg and 429 were in but the stringers rotted out, so we started cutting and got in way over our heads.... so now hes looking for a hull, this hull he found has a panther new white paint and new guages for $800. and im optimistic because of the panther...... his boat was an easy 70 before and with this thing im nervous that he wont get the speed he had before...

5th Horseman
    Jet-o-vater wrote
    "his boat was an easy 70 before and...."
    He'll have a 60 mph boat with the Panther.
    Just ask me, I own one.
    Paul

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by Cas
    all depends on what he wants to do with the boat. I have a boat with a Panther on it and another with a JG on it right now. Both have their pro's and cons.
    For a little better than stock power, say up to about 400-450 hp, I'll take a Panther. If he's wanting to go faster than about 70-75, he should probably go with a different pump.
    I've run a Panther for the past 5 years and there's a lot of benefits to them but as I say, it depends on what your friend wants to use the boat for.
    Where's my Berk roost pic?

Jetdriver
    I had a panther, it worked fine. Not the fastest thing by any means, the biggest draw back is how much people will make fun of you for owning the damn thing.

BrendellaJet
    Just fix the stringers. There is a wealth of knowledge here and on other sites. If you look in the right place, you'll find instructions to walk you through the whole process.

I'm with Brendella, fix the Eliminator. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourselves, there are plenty of boat shops in SoCal that could do it for you. Spend the money there instead of on another hull that will invariably need more work than you expect.

AngryJosh
    I agree, just replace the stringers. I had it done to my 20' Nordic and it cost about $3000. I watched them do it, and it seemed pretty straight forward. If you have or know someone who lays glass, then go for it. Make some jigs on the old stringers(front and rear) so that the new stringers will go back in the same place. Buy the wood, trim to fit, and away you go. BUT, I seem to remember the wood being special. I think the grain ran long ways for strength. Good luck!!!
    AngryJosh

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast