Thread: carb cleaner?

I'm about the start the rebuild on my carbs. A person recommended to me that i should get Chem Dip and let the disassembled carbs sit in it for 24 hours. Wanted to know what you guys thought about using Chem Dip to clean the carbs or is there was somthing better.

Fiat48
    There's nothing better I know of than the original Chem Dip. But like any product that actually works...It is now labeled hazardous, cancerous, etc. There is also a "improved" (read that as doesn't work) formula out there. You want the dangerous stuff. Oh yeah..the dangerous stuff is also more expensive. Check with a Napa store.

kragen had one version of it, not sure which one, was priced at about $10/Gallon.
    I hear it's some mean shit!

Fiat48
    This is the stuff you want: http://www.berrymanproducts.com/default.htm
    That's the 'professional formula.
    What you don't want is " California Compliant formula." Probably what Kragen sells.
    "CHEM-DIPĀ® PARTS CLEANER / CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT FORMULA - CLEANERS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contains no chlorinated solvents and is voc compliant for the State of California. Removes carbon, varnish, sludge and grease fast without agitation. Non-corrosive to metal and alloys. Use for cleaning transmissions, carburetors, valves and other hard to clean parts.
    Sizes Available:
    0996c NET 96 fl. oz. w/basket / California Compliant Formula

That link you gave me just takes me to the main page of the site. I hate framed sites... I ran thru the site quickly but wasnt able to find it, what section was it under? Also will i be able to get the 'good stuff' here in cali?

Fiat48
    Go to the link again and choose professional cleaners. You'll have to check with Napa..I bought some here in Nevada.