Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trailer tires??

riverracerx
    I need new tires on the trailer. What is a good price?
    I just got quoted $599.00 OTD from Discount Tire in Havasu for
    215/75/14 Carlisle radial tires.
    Good/Bad?? Got a better suggestion for where to go in Havasu for tires?
    Thanks!

Warlockjer
    They say will beat anyones price. I've done alright by them

Beer-30
    I like the Tow Master brand. Have had no come-backs at the shop from them. Blew up several Goodyear Marathons. They stack them wrong.
    Tow Masters are lined up sideways to prevent early separations.
    Haven't heard good/bad on the Carlisle. Never sold any.

charlyox
    I had Carlisle tires on my Exrtreme trailer and 3 out of 4 blewout/came apart. I went with Goodyear Marathons. I think it was less than $4oo for the set.

BarryMac
    I second the Tow Masters, had Carlisles before and had three blow outs with them, I think I paid about 400 for my trailer tires from Discount, I can find the invoice if you like...

PHX ATC
    Find some old Firestones from the Explorer recalls and use them. They work great. :crossx:

Jordy
    The Discount in Havi put trailer tires on mine in December on the trip from hell. Seems like it was around $400 for all 4 with the certificates. Went with the Carlisles and haven't had any problems. On a 15" wheel though I believe.

riverracerx
    Oh by the way, it is for 6 tires. Don't think I mentioned that.
    And the boat only tows to the ramp and back anyway. Suprised how the heat and sitting can destroy garaged tires on a trailer.
    The ones I have now are going into their 6th season. And they are Carlisle's from Nordic.

NOTALENT
    I went to the Big O Tire in havi....I had the Carlisles on my trailer...blew 2 in one day....When I went to get my new ones....the guy said that carlisles were the worst trailer tire......I got 5 brand new tow masters....went out last weekend....not even 100 miles on the tires....as I was leaving Havi right by Sara Park, I HAD A FOCKIN BLOW OUT!!!! I will be back there this weekend to share my rage!

rich seibert
    i just got a set of 4 215/75/14 Carlisle bias tires. i paid 51.50 before tax came to 212.?? w/ tax from henderson tire co 717 564 4647
    they don`t stock them but always have it for next day p/u
    i run these on my open car trailer ,they were very good to me. these were 8 ply non radial
    HOW many ply on the radials?? i never check ??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast