Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Builder in So cal 949 714 909

JROCK
    Hi,
    I blew out my 455 and have decided to have it replaced with a 454. I live in an apt. and have no place to work on my boat so the engine builder would need to pull me engine and install it for me. Anybody have any experiences with engine builders in the area codes I have listed or close by? Good or bad I would like to hear about them. Please post the contact info if it was a good experience. My goal is to have a 400-500hp engine that is VERY reliable.

Squirtin Thunder
    Calperf can do that for ya !!!
    I will let him know.
    PM me with a phone # and I will have him call you.
    Jim

clownpuncher
    Paul Pfaff Racing Engines (http://www.pfaffengines.com/) in Huntington Beach.
    I went to them a couple of months ago. They're awsome to work with. Great reputation. You'll pay for it, but, like they say........You get what you pay for.

LOWRIVER2
    Bill Scotten builds very reliable river/ski or performance application BBC's at affordable prices, not just for CP's. His number is 702-523-4808. He lives in Las Vegas but does work in Ca. every month.

BigBoyToys
    My backup engine is for sale for cheap. It is a 476 ci BBC (454 + .100 over). It has 12:1 CR Forged Pistons, 990 Heads Ported by Tim Morgan, SS Valves, Roller Rockers, Crane Solid Lift cam, 4 Bolt Main, GM Forged Steel Crank/crossdrilled/nitrited, "Quiet" Gear Drive, MSD Coil/Pro Billet Distributor/6AL Box, Taylor Wires, Bassett Headers w/water injection, Weiand Tunnel Ram for 2-4150 Carbs (Port Matched), Dooley Oil Pan, etc etc and Much more. This is complete from Pan to Tunnel Ram. Throw on your carbs and run it. It pushed a 18' Jet Boat with a stock pump to consistent 75mph runs with a SINGLE TR and 830 Carb! I have ran it with a dual 750 carb setup also and it seemed to run even faster/better, but no official MPH. This motor is VERY Reliable and turnkey ready (After adding carbs). Offered for sale for $3500.00 Email me at JimP@pritek.net or PM me here if interested. Here's a pic of it with the old Single carb Tunnel Ram (the 75 mph version and that was WITHOUT the nitrous- I NEVER Ran Nitrous through this motor although it was setup to at one point in time) I also have a extra set of BBC Plates and would throw those in if needed.
    http://www.pritek.net/forsale/syn2.jpg

BigBoyToys
    I also have a stock 454 Recently pulled out of a running vehicle, but it was getting tired. Will probably need new rings and bearings. Unknown yet if it is a 2 or 4 Bolt Main as I have not dropped the oil pan yet. Block says High Performance but casting number shows it could be a 2 or 4 bolt main. It has Oval port heads. Complete from Pan to Carb (No headers though), $1000.00 OBO. Again, PM me or email me at JimP@Pritek.net if interested.

calperf19
    If your down south I'd say call Dave at DNE in costa mesa right next door to jack at MPD
    Later BK

schiada96
    Originally posted by calperf19
    If your down south I'd say call Dave at DNE in costa mesa right next door to jack at MPD
    Later BK
    yeah but what do you know?

calperf19
    Thanks Jeff,
    Got scott's pump all apart now just waiting on parts. Thanks for the job!
    Later BK

riverbound
    I just had my motor done by JMS racing engines in Monrovia. I am very happy with the service and the knowledge. They also finished it on time. I dont have the number on me right now but if you need it I can get it when I get home. They are also getting ready to do my buddies olds motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast