Thread: Eliminator droop ??

wet77
    I have a 21' daytona eliminator tunnell
    The boat is a 1985 model and is light in the interior (no hatch, no raised floor etc..)
    Never yet had it in the water because I bought it without motor.
    After talking to a few guys on the boards I am now going to go with a large BB motor, say 572 + CI
    Anyway it has a stock JG with A impeller a hydraulic place diverter with new style nozzle and ride plate. Factory ramp type loader. alum. impeller.
    Would I benifit by adding a droop right away??
    If so what type, long, short, which brand??
    Also with that high horsepower BB would I need to go stainless impeller right away or wait till I wear out the aluminum one?
    Pump has 10 hours on it!

TIMINATOR
    I ran an aluminum American Turbine AA for 2 1/2 years with mine. Get a droop,get an extension, buy mine. You need the droop if you are under 90 or so to get the lift, after that a straight will work too, They are just too pricey for me right now, I've got other things to do first. NOTE: the more HP you give a Daytona the better they work. TIMINATOR

wet77
    There is 4 degrees of wedge in the pump right now do I remove that or leave it and add a droop?
    Short?
    Long?

MudPumper
    Short

Cas
    Wouldn't it be best to put a motor in it, run it a couple of times to get a good baseline and then go from there?
    At this point, you have no information on "your" boat to know what it does or doesn't do.

TIMINATOR
    Long droop or short one with an extension, you may need the wedge depending on which brand you buy. The closer you start out to a known combination the less work later,and the less chance you'll get beat before your deal is perfect. TIMINATOR

wet77
    What I figured there was a few guys who had this type of boat and have allready found which one works better.
    I was thinking of trying it without and going from there, I have not bought the hydraulic trim yet, But I plan to go with the braided lines right away, I suppose I could get the lines for a droop so if I ever add one I can just pull the slack thru and not have to buy new lines.
    Are there big gains to the droop or just 1-4 mph??
    Worth the money
    Like compareing a boat with or without a divertert

cruser
    When I ordered my 21 daytona, all the jet guru's I talked to said buy the short droop. The long droop will drag. 1 said buy the snoot but I agree, it is too expensive right now.
    cruzer