Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to?

MizBubba
    Originally posted by Wet Dream
    I'm just trying to get an idea of where to head things later this summer.
    Hey Wet... will you be needing donations for a raffle at the next get-together?

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Oh no, Amy's got something up her sleeve's

MizBubba
    Who, Me??

Wet Dream
    We might, but I think things are leaning towards more of a casual get together for the events that happen later in the summer. The June Anna event takes all year to plan and iron out which we have all winter to get it finalized. With so little time between Anna and the other events, they are more of a less intense type event. We still do cookouts and party, but not so much with the raffles, t-shirts and other stuff. If there is enough interest drummed up for the late summer events, I don't see a problem. WideOpen spends most of the winter gaining the raffle items and leaves little time to gather more items.

Hemicbx
    I just got back from a 4 night camping trip at Raystown. Thur-Mon. I didn't even take the boat out on Saturday, and on Sunday we didn't go out until 5PM. Pretty messy for running around, but the nice thing about over there is that there are about a million BIG no wake coves for swimming/floating/whatever.
    Overnight situation at Raystown is questionable at best. Just seems like nobody over there's set up to deal with a bunch of trucks & trailers. Plenty of "off-site" storage lots, but I won't have any part of that.
    Also, as a comparison: All the marinas down at Anna were a $6 launch fee. The public launches at Raystown (Seven points) were $3 honor system. On the weekend the 7-pts public lot was slam full by 10AM. Seven Points Marina launch fee was $15! I'm afraid to guess what the big Lake Raystown Resort fee is.
    I like Raystown a lot. I practically grew up there before it was all built up. (Back then it was just Raystown Lake, not the more proper Lake Raystown) I'm going back, but it will be arrive on Sunday and stay into the week type of visits. I'm after good skiiing water.
    Hemicbx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12