Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey BoatCop

redneckgirl
    At our local lake this weekend, Lake Nacimiento, we past a Sheriff boat and waved... We were in the 5 MPH zone, I was sitting on the engine cover with my feet on the back bench seat, he asked me to sit in the boat??? Is this considered to be against the rules/laws... and if so what about the teak surfs you see all the time... I would never sit on the engine cover facing backwards with my feet on the swim step... Is it also wrong to lay on the engine cover in the 5 MPH zone??? just curious...
    Thanks
    RNG

Lake Pirate
    What were you wearing? It's pertinent to your case.

RiverToysJas
    We'll see what he says, but I think they like to pretend that is illegal, because they (the man) considers it unsafe. But in fact, there is no law against it. At least that's the way it used to be.
    RTJas

Mandelon
    You can even bowride at a no wake speed.

Lake Pirate
    Riding on Bow, Gunwales or Transom is allowing passengers to ride or sit on the gunwales or on the decking over the bow while underway on a motorboat 26 ft. or less in length, unless the motorboat is equipped with adequate guards or railing to prevent falls overboard this activity is illegal and the driver will receive a misdemeanor offence.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Lake Pirate
    Riding on Bow, Gunwales or Transom is allowing passengers to ride or sit on the gunwales or on the decking over the bow while underway on a motorboat 26 ft. or less in length, unless the motorboat is equipped with adequate guards or railing to prevent falls overboard this activity is illegal and the driver will receive a misdemeanor offence. Nice Google!:yuk: Quote your sources next time troll.

Lake Pirate

summerlove
    Riding on Bow, Gunwales or Transom is allowing passengers to ride or sit on the gunwales or on the decking over the bow while underway on a motorboat 26 ft. or less in length, unless the motorboat is equipped with adequate guards or railing to prevent falls overboard this activity is illegal and the driver will receive a misdemeanor offence.
    see Mr Know It All Mandy.... I have a bow rail!

LASERRAY
    here ya go laserwit
    http://www.boat-ed.com/ar/handbook/oper.htm

summerlove
    here ya go laserwit
    http://www.boat-ed.com/ar/handbook/oper.htm
    uh-oh.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast