Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need ideas

riverbound
    I just got my motor back today and it is too tall. I have a fiberglass engine cover and the new motor doesnt fit under it any more Here is a pic of the engine cover, I dont know if it will look good if i cut a hole in it and let the carb poke through. or should
    I just remove the engine cover and have a new one built?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_310-med.jpg

Hustler
    I would not cut that cover. those covers are very rare. You could probably sell that one and have a new one built. Check with Spectra Brent, he may know some one that would buy it.

HotHallet
    Have a new one built to match your interior out of wood and covered. You could use your existing hinge mounts and have the cover built to fit with a scoop on top for clearance of your induction. Stitchcraft Custom Interiors in Huntington Beach, CA can help you out. The owners name is Revo and tell him Travis sent you.

Jetdriver
    Save the old one and have a new one built!

superdave013
    I wouldn't cut it or sell it.
    Make a new one but save the classic one for sure.

riverbound
    I want to keep it, beceuase my boat is pretty much the same way it came from the factory and these covers are really hard to find. Does anyone know of a place that can make a fiberglass replica of the one I have but maybe make the bubble higher? I only need about 3 inches more height.

Hustler
    A new fiberglass one would be very expensive but you could try Joe's Tooling over in Sun Valley

spectras only
    Have the same dealio on the 19' spectra jet ,and the 460 barely fits under the hatch with the SCJ cast intake . I had to cut 1/2"off of the arrestor base. I'd like to put a 2" phenolic spacer under the carb ,but having the same dilemma as you. However a machined billet rim/bezel [ superdave or RD could make you one ] would look professional and doubt it if would reduce the value of the boat. At one time the hatch must have been dropped on the carb ,hence some spider cracks spread form the center above the arrestor retainer nut. I've installed gas struts to keep it from happening .

Old Guy
    Then again......some do it the easy way.
    http://files.triton.net/old1/rear_top.jpg

riverbound
    My motor is a460bbf The old motor had the stock scj intake w/ a spacer and the top of the air filter just touched the cover. The new motor has a weiand stealth w/ a carb spacer on it and now it is too tall. I like having the motor covered because I have a a 2.5 yr old and a 7 month old and I dont want them near hot engine parts. It looks like my best option is to have a new cover made out of wood and wrapped to match the boat. I will keep the old cover unless someone out there is looking for one, then
    I might be interested in selling it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast