Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! boat ID needed fast-Sanger?

BrendellaJet
    why are the seats so crooked? Look at the first three letters of the HIN. I think the coast guard website will identify the builder for you.

Cas
    that's the problem, no numbers. The hull was redone in 1987 and is now registered as a custom built but the owner swears it's a Sanger.
    Oh yea, seats are on locking swivels.

That looks a whole lot more like a Tahiti/Southwind/Eliminator/etc, etc bubbledeck than any Sanger I can remember seeing.(not that I've seen them all)
    What reason does he have to swear it's a Sanger? Seems like everyone who can't identify their hull swears it's a Sanger.
    If you could just get him to sand the paint off of the area where the HIN is located.....

cyclone
    that doesnt look like any sanger I've ever seen. Has a bit of Hallett/Nordic look to it. I wouldnt trust the owner selling a boat that doesn't have any hull ID#'s. He can call it whatever he wants, but I dont think its a Sanger.

LakesOnly
    Cas, watch my lips:
    NOT A SANGER.
    Sanger was building flatties long before they were making jets, and their jet's are a very shallow V. That hull looks to me like your typical, traditional jet boat v-hull like that of the aforementioned manufacturers.
    I've seen that v-hull/bubbledeck somewhere before...can't recall for sure just where.
    LO

Cas
    The run down, a former board member sold his boat about 8 months ago and wants to get a new one. I mentioned this boat but said it didn't look like a Sanger and I don't ever recall Sanger putting Panthers in. He called me earlier and said he's "going" to buy this boat for $4500.00 this morning.
    I suggested he look the boat over very carefully as there must be a reason why the numbers are gone and why it was repainted/gelled.
    He told me the current owner bought it 4 years ago, ran it for 2 and then had the pump and motor rebuilt. The motor is supposed to be a 468 with a few goodies in it. He said the owner turned the key and it fired off immediately, sounded real good, all the gauges worked and it had 60lbs oil pressure at idle.
    All that doesn't sound to awfully bad but there's still a few pretty good sized ???'s about the hull.
    My last comment to him, as I said, was to look the hull over very carefully for any stress cracks, hook, or any areas where the hull might be wavy or uneven where it may have been patched. After that, he's on his own on his decision.
    I was also thinking along the lines of a Tahiti Bebble Deck but the dash area threw me off.

Cas
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    I've seen that v-hull/bubbledeck somewhere before...can't recall for sure just where.
    LO
    Me too and it's driving my nuts

Cas

Jake W
    Cas thats it, looks just like the 77 bubble deck Tahiti I had.
    No way a Sanger.
    Jake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast