Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 00' Carrera 257

cjordan
    63 hrs on hull, Excellent condition. Imco Full hydralic dual ram steering, Imco Box, upgraded drive with hard shafts. Dana billet swim steps, Imco electric fuel valve, Gaffrig guages, GPS speedo, depth finder, halon, 2 batts. CMI Tube top headers (dry) Gil sea strainer, Gil offshore mount, Dooley pan, full MSD digital 7 ignition, Blower hatch, full cover. Fresh 632" 900HP Tunnel Ram NA pump gas motor with all the best parts. Professionally built with dyno sheets. 00' Competitive trailer. Boat is a real attention getter. Very few will out accelerate it. Runs 100 any day. $72,000 also available less power. Email cjordan7@cinci.rr.com for pics or call 513-675-3844, Corey
    [ May 10, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: cjordan ]

Robbie Racer
    Corey, good luck with the sale of your Carrera. Hey, I have a question for you. When I got my 257 a couple of years ago, the rigger told me that the CMI's wouldn't fit a 257 so he talked me into going with Lightenings. Now, that I have the bigger motor, I would like to go with a larger internal diameter header and CMI has the 2-3/8" ID pipe but I don't know if it will fit my 257. Any thoughts? R/R

midmagic
    Keith, who told you CMI's wouldn't fit a Carrera. I've had a set on mine ever since the thing was built in '98. They fit just fine. I think Teague has CMI's on sale. Thinking about selling my Carrera with my 540 Larry Peto motor. I want to build another car. Good luck!

cjordan
    Robbie;
    CMI's fit mine just fine. The only thing we had to do was trim the cross member (right behind cylinder #8) very slightly to make room for the tail pipe. I have the 4 1/2" pipes and they exit in the "standard" place for bravo's, just below the rub rail. I have also seen Carrera's with CMI's where the tail pipes are plumbed to exit much further "outboard" and much lower (right at the water line) for noise supression. When I get a chance I'll get you some pictures. I have mixed emotions about selling the boat, but I stepped up to a twin 28 Daytona and can't maintain and use them both enough to justify.
    Corey
    [ May 12, 2003, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: cjordan ]

HavasuDreamin'
    Sounds like a hell of a boat. Pictures might help you sell it faster on-line. Good Luck.

cjordan
    [ May 12, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: cjordan ]

BADBLOWN572
    Keith, CMI headers fit the Carrera Cat without a problem. What you usually have to do is to knotch the rear of the boat in the interior of the motor compartment to make a clean bend. Then you must have custom tail pipes made to bend the pipe down below the deck. It is not that big of a deal. Usually we had either Imco or Eddie Marine fabricate the new tail pieces.

Robbie Racer
    Bill, thanks for the feedback and the tip on the sale on the CMI's at Teague's. Greg told me they wouldn't fit when he rigged the boat. I had specified CMI's when I ordered it from him but he later told me that they wouldn't fit for some reason, so he had to use the Lightening's. I'm going to call him to find out why he thought they wouldn't fit back then. I now wish that I had thought to call you about that issue back then like I did on so many others. That's a bummer that you might be selling your 257 with the 540 Peto motor. I had hoped to hook up with you again on the water this summer. Oh well, now I will just see if I can bum a ride in your Cobra the next time I'm down your way.
    Corey, thanks for the info. I will look forward to the pictures when you get a chance. Yeah, I hear what you are saying, it would be hard to justify having a 25'-7" cat and a 28' cat at the same time. The 28 Daytona is a beautiful boat too.
    Dan, thanks for the additional info. They did notch the rear of the boat at the top of the engine compartment to make room for the Lightening tail pipes already. Maybe, I wouldn't have to do any additional cutting to swap to the large tube CMI's.
    Thanks again guys for all the feedback. Sorry to horn in on your for sale post Corey.
    R/R

midmagic
    Keith, I will be up your way with the Cobra in August for the Monterey Historic Races. If you can make it over there, I'm sure we could find the time to go for a ride!

Robbie Racer
    Bill, thanks for the offer. That sounds like an offer I can't refuse. Which weekend in August? I think I'm attending a poker run in Sacramento the weekend of 8/9 and the LBBA Tower Park get together the weekend of the 23rd. Other than that, I should be able to hook up with you in Monterey. I hope it's one of the other weekends. R/R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast