Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Category/Bracket NJBA Racer Sample

Willis
    June 30, 2004
    Hello everyone,
    I must bring this subject to it’s culmination. All responses to the NJBA Questionnaire, “Sandbagging” issues and “Lake Racer” class will be printed and presented at the next board meeting to support this new class.
    http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/, http://www.realjetboats.com/cgi/yabb....pl?board=news,
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/forumd...?s=&forumid=14
    As a NJBA Board Member, I see the need to change the way we do business. I will present what was discussed on those forms. Please look at the sample category/Bracket to be established.
    You clearly siad, “Build it and they will come”, well here it is!
    CLASS REQUIREMENTS
    Lake Racer
    The suggested fees to run this class is $250.00.
    Lake Racer are intended to be boats having typical water skiing equipment and appearance.
    Internal engine modifications are permitted to enhance competition and reliability. (steel connecting rods, forged pistons, 4340 metal for crankshaft)
    GENERAL
    1. Seating must accommodate a minimum of four (4) adults. Seats must be fully upholstered.
    2. Steering wheel standard off hull center line as manufactured.
    3. Boats may have any stock type of nozzle with a functional neutral mechanism that is operational from the driver's seat. (Place diverter and other stock type diverters permitted)
    4. Adjustable cavitations plates are permitted.
    5. Fuel is restricted to pump gasoline only. Absolutely no modified fuel cells, must be stock type gas tanks used at the lake.
    ENGINE
    1. Any bore and stroke combination is allowed up to a maximum of 502 cubic inches, with a clean-up hone of a maximum of .005 inches.
    2. Spark arresters must be installed in factory condition on the induction system.
    3. Aluminum head permitted.
    4. No aluminum blocks allowed.
    5. Any carburetor configuration up to a maximum of 850 C.F.M. or factory type electronic fuel injection. Absolutely no modifications to the factory carburetor or throttle body are permitted. i.e., any factory casting flash and cadmium plating permitted. Inspection by the Technical Committee will be allowed at their discretion.
    6. Lake Racer may run any type of exhaust permitted on local lakes managed by law enforcement. (Muffler, baffles are required)
    7. Intake manifold must be cast production or modified production only. No homemade or non-production manifolds allowed.
    I need your help to get this class approved and started ASAP! I need your responses by July 7, 2004 on the subject. Please limit your responses to approved or disapproved with reasons.
    Keep in mind that the “family boat” is what the new class is appealing to, no surprises!!
    Willis

cyclone
    the lake racer class wont be that popular when all the guys at the lake with tunnel rams and dual carbs can't compete because they've got more than 850 cfm on top of their motor. That definately needs to be changed.

cyclone
    $250 bucks is too much if it's per event. Remember you are trying to attract amateur lake racers. Guys that dont have a ton of cash sunk into racing equipment like the faster classes. so you can't charge them the same fee as the pro level classes. Cut that in half and you'll get more guys to show up.
    for some reason i see this turning into another class like ski flat where the guy with the most money wins. I can see a ton of areas to bend in those rules.

Willis
    Cas,
    Yes, the fees are each time you race.
    On the carbs, lets see how its un folds!
    Willis

FOURQ
    as far as the seating ...i have a back seat i can run and it will fit 2 adults.. but will they try to sit in it caus they wont fit too well...and is a ft nozel ok or not i know lots of pepole have gone to a ftn diverter.. and what is the deal with a tunnel ram ..no more than 850 cfm? i think we should allow the choice of running baffles just my .02
    4Q
    i think 250 is toooooo much per race..i would go maybe 150

I didnt catch that one, I was thinking 2 850 carbs. Its not gonna happen with some of those rules.
    Nowadays the average lake racer has an absolute minimum of 600 horse, in reality 700 to 950 where I go to the river is not all that uncommon.
    Go out to lost lake or big river and see what lake racers have, you wont even see a guy racing on Sat. night with a 4 seats, one stock carb,mufflers and air cleaners. Thats not really a lake racer, a lake racer is a guy with a 19 cp.daytona,rogers,etc with a hopped up Big block either blown or w/ a tunnel ram w/ 2 big 4 barrels and running anywhere from 85-105 mph.
    I just think with those rules your limiting the entries and the class is going to be boring as hell to watch.You should try to target the true performance guys as well as the hotrod skiboats too.
    Alot of the rules you have come with are excellent willis, I think your doing a great job here. We all appreciate it.

BrendellaJet
    What he said!

Cas
    Originally posted by Willis
    Cas,
    Yes, the fees are each time you race.
    On the carbs, lets see how its un folds!
    Willis
    although I didn't write it, I agree with what cyclone posted.

Willis
    Cas,
    River Racers are not "Lake Racers"
    Remember, we are limiting the fuel to 91 oct. pump gas.
    The new guy and not the surprises!
    Willis

TIMINATOR
    $250.00 per event- no way. $125.00/$150.00 OK? Any serious lake boat has more than a 502 motor. Limit on single 850... see above. Just my opinion, but it IS my money and boat, and I haven't seen any reason to run an event yet. My Stalker radar gun cost about what 4 events cost. I get as many passes as I want. How about a time only run what ya brung and guarentee say 3 passes deal? for $75.00/$100.00 dollars and no purse, just bragging/ tuning? run em between qualifying or when nothing else is going on? There is a LOT of dead time in between things as it stands now. Bores the heck out of the wife,me too. TIMINATOR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast