Thread: SWDBA at Elephant Butte NM

Kurtis500
    Anyone ever been? I'm not sure what to expect at these races.

UBFJ #454
    I'd check the water level before towing over. Frankie Nagore used to go over quite a bit in the past ... Don't know about this year.
    Why don't you guys go over to the Njba's Races @ Lake Ming with us in September ... It's only a 7 1/2 to 8 hour tow to Bakersfield and everyone is very friendly and laid back ... Great Family Environment.
    If your interested, give me a shout and I'll fill you in.

Kurtis500
    Hey Jack, I checked with them and they said its a go for next week. Pretty inexpensive set-up and a great place to tune and race. She said Nagore was going to for some testing. I got some new stuff in my motor that should hop it up pretty good, so I want to test. We also switched the other boat to injected alcohol. Well see how it goes... I'll let you know when I get back how it went so you can see if you want to try it out sometime..
    The trip to Red Bluff was a LONG WAYS!!

UBFJ #454
    Let me know how it went over in New Mexico ..... We might consider going over before going back to Ming in September.
    Regarding the trip to Ming ... We typically leave here @ around 4:30 A.M. Friday and pull into Ming @ 12:30 to 1:00 P.M. ... Set up the Pit ... Then Relax and wait for Saturday. All in all, pretty relaxing ... The environment is Nothing Like The IHBA ... Most everyone very Friendly with very Minimal, if any, BS.
    Races are run very Professionally ... In and Out Ramps are manned and typically get towed to far lane on the rope ... They, the NJBA, now have 1/8th mi. clocks and before too long will probably be able to do staggered starts.
    You guys should really think about going over ... There are three more races this year and we're going to go to all of them as we are in the High Points chase in UnBlown Fuel Jet (UBFJ) ... Currently #1 ... Plus we want to keep Dialing the Boat In for the World Finals @ FireBird.
    Have a Good and Safe Trip to Elephant Butte.

LUVNLIFE
    If anyone heads over to NewMex lets have some pics and an update. I was always curious of what goes on over there. Thanks, Cale