Thread: Lake Elsinore Monday July 5th, 2004.

dmontzsta
    Anyone going to be there?
    Also, do you know if it will be considered a holiday? I am hoping NOT, since on the weekdays the high speed zone is open.

Daytona100
    Looks like Ill be there saturday. New rules kinda suck. Anyone know how strick the the patrols are about the speed. You just gotta air it out a little bit you know.

Ntwotrance
    they guy who was out there was pretty strict about the speed....

Wakker
    Hows it work out there? I heard you have to wear a helmet over 80mph or something? Enlighten me..

Ntwotrance
    Originally posted by Wakker
    Hows it work out there? I heard you have to wear a helmet over 80mph or something? Enlighten me..
    here's all the requirements...
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread...light=elsinore

Wakker
    Theres some bullshit... "My boat doesn't go 80, officer" ... They can't tell the difference between 80 and 100... I would come out on Monday but at this point, I'm short on a lower unit:frown:

SandbarScot
    FYI
    If you are going on Sunday July 4, all boats will be kicked off a little early (6:30 p.m.) due to a boat parade and fireworks over the lake. They will be launched off the levee.

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by SandbarScot
    FYI
    If you are going on Sunday July 4, all boats will be kicked off a little early (6:30 p.m.) due to a boat parade and fireworks over the lake. They will be launched off the levee.
    Thanks for the info Scot, Do you know if Monday is considered a holiday and will have the holiday/weekend rules?

Lightning
    I would think that Monday is going to be considered a holiday since the banks, post office, etc... and all that are going to be closed. If they go by the "offical" calendar, it's a holiday.

Back To Havasu
    Went out yesterday (July 2) and spent a delightful 5 hours on the lake. Very few boats (must all be at the river) and only one patrol boat that spent most of its time tied to the launchramp dock.