Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won a Tivo box.

HCS
    We just had our company luncheon. I won a Tivo box from the raffle.
    Anyone have one?

Scream
    I've got a couple of brothers and a sister that have them. The love em, can set it up to watch any show they like when ever they want.
    I would think about getting one but I don't like the fact that there's a monthly subscription fee.

HCS
    Originally posted by Scream
    I've got a couple of brothers and a sister that have them. The love em, can set it up to watch any show they like when ever they want.
    I would think about getting one but I don't like the fact that there's a monthly subscription fee.
    Have any Idea how much the service is?
    Will it work on ***boat?

Pointerman
    Hey Congrats! I work for TiVo.
    Subs are $12.95 per month or $299 for product lifetime. You will love it and I don't say that just because I work here. I work here because I feel that way. The product will change your lifestyle. Seriously...
    Have fun.

HCS
    Does it work with any set up?
    I have Dish Network.

Pointerman
    Yup. There are some boxes it won't work with, but it is likely that it will work with yours. Just subscribe to monthly service and if you have problems you can cancel within 30 days for a full refund and sell the box on ebay. Also, if you really like the service (which you will) you can upgrade to product lifetime within the 30 day period and they will apply the full subscription price to the purchase of lifetime.
    After checking our FAQ I see that there are two DISH boxes we don't support:
    EchoStar 4000
    JVC 4500

Pointerman
    Your first "Wish list" should be "water ski".

GlastronGuy
    We love ours.
    The "Season Pass" feature is almost as great as pausing live TV.
    During football season, I start the game then hit pause. I work around the house for an hour or so then grab my chips, salsa, Pacifico and watch the game while skipping through commericals and replaying what I want to see over.

HCS
    Sounds cool as shit.

Pointerman
    I set up season passes for the football games and start watching them an hour after they begin. By the end of the game I am usually caught up. I also pad all football games by one hour just in case. Season pass can be setup by doing "oakland raiders" and "at" as key words in a wish list. You will get all games with Oakland Raiders at Kansas City or Kansas City at Oakland Raiders". Works perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast