Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? 460 Thermostat ?

Ken F
    Who makes a 460 thermostat?
    I've searched REX & CP Performance sites and can't find them listed anywhere.
    I'm needing the plumbing diagram.
    Thnaks,
    Ken F

BigBlockBaja
    Ken, I sugest the one made for 454's and 455's.. With very slight modifacation it will work with the BBF.. I got one on mine and my motor stays at a constant 160-180 all day.

Ken, I scanned this out of an older CP Performance catalog.
    Boat is looking real nice! I guess they must be getting ready to reinstall and plumb the engine.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...3460T-stat.jpg

Ken F
    BBB, thanks, but I already bought one several years ago, but can't remember who I bought it from! (CRS disease)
    Anyone recognize this?
    Ken F
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...DCP_4123cr.jpg

Originally posted by Ken F
    Anyone recognize this?
    Ken F
    Ken, that looks like the HardinMarine Ford 460 t-stat kit, part # 620-50460, in the 2002/2003 CP Performance catalog. Oddly enough, that catalog has a pic of the parts. It was an earlier catalog that had the plumbing diagram I posted above.

Ken F
    Great OS! You are my hero!
    That is exactly the one I was looking for.
    Thanks for the compliment, and yes, they are beginning final assembly. I'll post pics of todays progress in just a minute.
    Thanks for your help!
    Ken

AmericanThunder1
    I must be missing something because I have no thermostat
    Is this bad I do run only 120 but I thought cool engine longer life hotter engine better performance but shorter life

Ken F
    AT-
    Yes, I would sure suggest running one for these reasons:
    At 120 your oil really is not warm enough to lubricate & flow properly. It is not really warm enough to overcome the buillt-in tolerences for your engine parts to expand and fit properly. You will get much better combustion running warmer also. I'm sure there are others, but there are 3 good ones.
    Ken F

riverbound
    I used the one that Rex sells for the 454. You do hsvr to grind on it a lot to make it fit. Its even worse if yousre running an aftermarket manifold. But IMO it is worth it my boat stays @160 all day. Theres is a lot more plumbing involved also (instead of 2 hoses coming off the top there is now 4)

Ken F
    Old Squirt, can you explain something?
    In the diagram above, what keeps the incoming water from bypassing even when the thermostat is open?
    There is no way for the thermostat to block off the flow to the bypass like there is on the Chebby & Olds kits. Seems to me that since water is going to take the path of least resistance...the bypass is where it's going to go. I know the unit works cause I've had it for several years.
    I just don't understand after thinking about it! lol
    Ken F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast