Thread: windshield (sort of)

Sleek26
    Anybody know where to get a daycruiser windshield that is priced somewhere near reasonable?? Or am I nuts thinking that $500.00 is just rediculous for a plexiglass windshield.

riverbound
    Do you have the old one for a template? I was going to have one made for mine but I threw away the old windshield and it was too much money to have them do it. They told me that if i had my old windshield it would be cheaper. I talked to FLores boat works in Corona Ca. (he is the one who also did my gel) (909)520-0208

manuel
    I haven't priced them because I like my boat without the windshield but here are a few sources to check out,
    http://www.finneys.com/marine.htm
    http://www.stellarplastics.com/boating.html

Sleek26
    RB & Manual, Thanks for the info. Sorry to say I don't have the old one. I picked up this 26 Ft. Sleekcraft for a song but, it is definately a project boat. It had a 350/mecruiser in it. The 350 had a cracked block and the I/o unit was, of course, broken. I had a Berk put in and I'm about ready to install the 454 I built for it. Then it will be upholstery time. It is taking a lot of time and work to do it but, I love the Sleek daycruisers, so I don't mind the work. I think that Finneys is the company that made the originals for Sleekcraft and if so they are the ones that wanted $500.00 for one. If I find a good deal on the windshields I'll post the info.

manuel
    Hey Sleek26 lets see some pix, I also have a Sleek daycruiser and the guy I bought it from removed the windshield and filled the holes, you can't tell it ever had one, at first I started looking for one but after using the boat I liked it the way it is,

lnl marine in corona.

Cas
    do it yourself, it's really not all that difficult. Here's the one's I made, I still have a little detailing to do but they came out pretty good.
    http://www.laidbackboaters.com/85b04fe0.jpg
    I figure yours is going to be one piece so it'll be a bit more difficult to handle just cause of the size. Even still, it's not that bad.

full throttle
    --SPAM--If anyone's interested, I've got a really nice winshield I had made about 3 years ago by a guy in Havasu for $450. It was installed on my Daytona for a few months during the off-season. When I repainted the boat, I filled the holes, and It's been on the shelf since. The Daytona is long gone now. This winshield would probally fit just about any boat. Looks as new. If anyone is interested, shoot me an e-mail add. and I'll send a pic.

Sleek26
    Fullthrottle
    Check your PM, email isn't working

Sleek26
    Originally posted by Cas
    do it yourself, it's really not all that difficult. Here's the one's I made, I still have a little detailing to do but they came out pretty good.
    http://www.laidbackboaters.com/85b04fe0.jpg
    I figure yours is going to be one piece so it'll be a bit more difficult to handle just cause of the size. Even still, it's not that bad.
    Cas,
    What material did you use and how did you bend it ? I never did figure it would be all that difficult I just wasn't sure how to bend it without cracking or breaking it. I figure you heat it but with what? Blow dryer or heat gun like you might use on shrink tube?