Thread: Jerk..........just in, monster race: Ione

CircleJerk
    I cant begin to describe this weekends action. Two more flips, tons of boats and tons of water trying to bury them. Wild horsepower, strained muscles even on the big bicep guys........Why? This was a surprise Double Points due to two races in one. Hundreds of Nosty fans could not believe their eyes as one pack after another blasted four heats per day to either silence the crowd with air shows and sunken hulls or cause eruptions of cheers and applause when the lead changed every 300 feet three times a lap!
    Each sun burnt fan saw more action packed deck to deck paint swapping and spectacular rooster tails than they could ever remember even with the aide of a camera! At least four times each afternoon the storm clouds moved in and either blew the river water crazy or dumped torential cloud bursts of H2O only to dissapear completely within minutes and sunbake the race officials. Even lightning strikes nearby couldnt dampen the dogged determination of every racer. Entire 3 lap sprints saw hail and so much rain so fast that it was impossible to discourage the racers or recall them to the safety of the pits. They simply could not see the black or red flags so they stormed on. George Nordling proved he is a master of adverse weather and water conditions and his flywheel driven Lavey massacred every competitor in sight. Even his last years Championship Bezer driven expertly by Dave Nott, could not touch George's unbelievable rough water pace and extreme horsepower displays! His new nickname, 'Chief Pirana' may now describe his incredible stamina and driving skill that devoured all competition.
    Justin Davis ran away with the fast time of 70.6 but was no match for G.N.s SS76 even if he hadnt done a lazy180 degree roll in turn three and washed his super stock 427 for the second time in two years.
    Robbie, 'wild man' Hampton flew his drag runner bottom Sanger to the second fastest at 68 and change. However, he became the sticky white filling between the brown Oreo cookie chocolate shells and was squirted to the rear when Bezer and Lavey marched onward.
    This excitement was equaled in heat B with rookie Scott in his 66 Wickens taking on the Hondo runner of Steve C. I could only describe it as a cat fight for four separate heats.
    266 hydros and a high powered Sanger competed for bragging rights as to who had the fastest Vintage Nostalgic boat. Four heats of intense one on one battling left a connecting rod hanging outside of of Sangers chrome oil pan. I am exhausted, so to bed with me. :wink:

dmontzsta
    Thanks for the Nosty report Jerk, I love reading these stories, I just wish I could have been there with my camera.

ouRx
    jerk,
    some of us are on vacation in foggy socal and would
    like to know more. who else flipped? how did the
    blonde do? how were the fireworks? will you be in
    a boat by scootney? did the 266 guys miss me?
    are you flossing daily?
    thanks,
    ouRx

CircleJerk
    The other flipper: our 2001 Champion and fireman. His Kurtis Kraft side and transom area exploded from either hitting something in the water or the pure force of the H2O itself when he slammed it into turn four. This, I believe flipped the boat when it loaded with water and he mashed the gas while lifting the down pedal! He himself, admitted to this error. Now remember this is only second hand and I was the announcer about 500 feet from the incident area. Blondie took third in her class and was exhausted by the number of races per day. Sunday saw four 3 lap heats for her class alone! Boat ran fine as usual without some animal squishing the gas as in the case of her hubby.
    The 266s was solo and ran an exhibition grudge match with our own Milk Man named George in his new Sanger.......the one with the oil pan hole. Their previous heats were killer due to the neck and neck battle that looked real! He also threw candy to the kids while cruising close by. So now his new name is 'Milk Candy Man'. No plans for Scootney, Robin may not go. August there may be a little too hot. We all missed you Andy!