Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mach 34 rolled at Havasu??

Havasu Cig
    I just heard this morning that a Mach 34 rolled at havasu this past weekend, and that at least one passenger was hurt and the driver was arrested for DWI. Also heard the boat sustained alot of damage but was able to be towed to the shore.
    Anybody have anymore info?

Havasu Hangin'
    A little birdie (3GO- roving reporter) told me that he thought there was a pontoon boat involved...

BoatPI
    I got a second hand call. The word is it was moving at about 100, past Site 6. And turned quickly to avoid a pontoon boat. If true, not too smart to speed ain that area. i know of at least four deaths that have occurred at this location in the pasy few years. I did hear that everyone will survive.

shueman
    The place is totally out of control.......

SoCalOffshore
    I heard a similar story while I was gassing up the boat at Terribles. Was it a DCB?

OutCole'd
    There are a lot of different versions on what happened here. I talked to two eye witnesses. Each with a different story.
    One said, it happened all alone, like a drive broke, over 100 mph. Driver hurt, the other three passengers ejected, but OK, got back in the boat and got towed to site 6.
    Other said, the driver had a PWC cut in front of him at over 100 mph. Made contact with the PWC. same reuslt with the driver & passengers.
    So who knows the real story?? Not Me. All I know, was I made it back fine. Had a great time, avoided anyplace where I knew it was going to be a crowd. Stayed sober, ready to go back next weekend.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by shueman
    The place is totally out of control.......
    At least on holiday weekends it is. I fear that f things liek this continue you will see some sort of gov't intervention. I know absolutely nothing of the circumstances of this except for what has been posted here but if it is true, 80+ possibly in excess of 100, by Site 6, that does not seem real smart to me. Hopefully the only damage is to the boat/PWC/pontoon as those can be repaired easily, it's harder to repair people.

Kachina26
    High speed pass by site 6 is just dumb even on most of the tame weekends.

Debbolas
    Where is site 6?

Kachina26
    http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/...H_citymap2.gif
    It's the boatramp at the left side of the island. It's a free ramp and attracts only the most experianced boaters and PWC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast