Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack is the man!!!!!!!!!

djdtpr
    Wow we just got back from the river and i am still stoked about how the pump in the boat worked.Jack at mpd did a bad ass job setting the pump up and moving it further back.I saw a steady 6700 rpm out of a stainless b cut impeller.

DJD, glad to hear your up and running again, I drove by you in town,you waved at me..I was towing a 19 daytona.Your boat looked awesome!!
    Where did you launch?
    Stoked to hear your running good, just in time for summer.

djdtpr
    We launch at mayflower.When are you headed back up to the river again?Hows that beast of yours running it looks sweet!

She runs great, Im just taking baby steps with the set up on it, but every time I go out it gets faster.
    I will be out at Parker/Big river with my family and a few friends later this week and through next weekend.If your gonna be in the area we should hook up.
    I got your Pm, sounds like this Placecraft is really hauling ass! Congratulations and way to go Jack @ MPD!!

HBjet
    Damn, 6700rpm with a B... your making some serious power there bud. 1000hp you think?
    Anyways, congrats!
    HBjet

LVjetboy
    Jack's pro no question.
    But "a steady 6700 rpm on a b cut" tells little about performance. After all, a rebuild on a leaky pump will reduce your rpm's at the same power. Are you saying 6700 rpm's after rebuild are better than say 6500 rpms before? Or did you turn say 6900 rpm's before rebuild and are glad that now you only turn 6700 rpms? Or did you make changes to engine power also? By what measure are 6700 rpm's proof of pump health or performance or a "pro" rebuild?? Rpm's alone don't mean sh*t.
    My thought? With a PC, your jet no doubt runs fast. If you want to be mysterious fine, if you want to share info then post mph as well as rpm's. Otherwise, comments on how good your pump rebuild, tune or setup based on rpm's alone tell half the story.
    Just curious.
    jer

Bow Tie Omega
    Originally posted by LVjetboy
    Jack's pro no question.
    But "a steady 6700 rpm on a b cut" tells little about performance. After all, a rebuild on a leaky pump will reduce your rpm's at the same power. Are you saying 6700 rpm's after rebuild are better than say 6500 rpms before? Or did you turn say 6900 rpm's before rebuild and are glad that now you only turn 6700 rpms? Or did you make changes to engine power also? By what measure are 6700 rpm's proof of pump health or performance or a "pro" rebuild?? Rpm's alone don't mean sh*t.
    My thought? With a PC, your jet no doubt runs fast. If you want to be mysterious fine, if you want to share info then post mph as well as rpm's. Otherwise, comments on how good your pump rebuild, tune or setup based on rpm's alone tell half the story.
    Just curious.
    jer
    Easy man......He was just commenting on how happy he was with Jack's work. Nothing more, nothing less........ COngrats on the pump man

LVjetboy
    I'm happy with Jack's work too. But the measure of "performance gain" or "how great Jack's work is" has little to do with rpm alone. In fact, Jack's work can reduce rpm's or make them smaller than before he did the work. Djd quoted rpm as the sole measure of goodness and performance or the worth of Jacks mods. Without a baseline, corresponding speed and/or et change, that means nothing. So I commented.
    jer

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by LVjetboy
    Jack's pro no question.
    Just curious.
    jer
    = what were you running before.

BrendellaJet
    Originally posted by GlastronGuy
    = what were you running before.
    LOL!!!:smilespi:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast