Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Overheatng

RUSSO
    My dad has a 12-jb?? Pump that is not getting water into the motor..Its over heating..We hooked a hose to the motor and runs fine..At the lake runs for 5min and gets way too hot...So..we took the pump apart..What do i look for and why does this happen??

RUSSO
    Still Kinda Lost Did All That...what Was The Guys Problem??he Just Replaced The Pump...

n8dawg
    check your hoses/lines from the pump to the engine. might have sand or something blocking the water inlet.just a thought.
    Nate

RUSSO
    10-4..checked All Thats Stuff..i Am At A Lose With This..thinking The Pump Or Wear Ring Is Too Loose???we Have Had The Boat For 13 Years..so It Has Been Fine Then Started Getting Worse..

BigBlockBaja
    I'd say pull the bowl... See if there is a rock or something stuck in here..
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...WaterPort2.JPG

RUSSO
    Its Off Right Now..that Tear Drop Deal Looks Good And Is Free Flowng

MikeF
    Check the aluminum fitting mounts on the front of the engine for corrosion. They do corrode and block off the water flow into the block.

RUSSO
    But If It Runs On The Trailer...then From The Pump On It Shold All Be Good...right??

Old Guy
    Mine did exactly the same thing. It turned out to be a slug of green vegetation stuck in the short pipe (maybe 4-6 inches long) between the bowl and the gate valve. I should have tried to blow water back through the line coming from the pump. I don't know if the stuff would have come out. I just started taking things apart until I found it.
    Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast