Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lake Berryessa (Anyone)

NorCalCat
    Originally posted by Robbie Racer
    NorCal, are you staying overnight some place on the lake this weekend? We tried to book a RV spot and motel at Steele Park for the weekend of the 17th, but they are already booked up. Spanish Flat is also booked up for that weekend.
    We were thinking of going to Berryessa also for the Labor Day weekend but found out that Steele Park is already booked up.:yuk:
    Anyone have any other suggestions on RV, tent or motel rooms on the lake for the 7/14 and or Labor Day weekends?
    Ya we are leaving tomorrow and coming home on Monday. We are camping at Pleasure Cove. We got a water site, so it shouldn't be that bad. You are welcome to join us! There are 8 of us including 4 small kids, and on ly 2 large tents so there is room.
    7/14 I am doing the Delta run. Tinsly Island. Labor Day I am thinking about going to Clear Lake. There are still available sites at th estate campground.

Robbie Racer
    I can't get away this weekend. I'm paying the price of going boating for the last two weekends at Shasta so have lot's of chores to catch up on around the house this weekend.
    We did find camping sites available at Pleasure Cove for next weekend, so will be staying there and giving it a try. I thought that I had heard something about them closing but apparently that wasn't the case. If we like it, we will probably try and book labor day weekend there too.

Cas
    a word of caution about Berryessa, specifically under the bridge. The sheriffs were cruising around the creek on jetskis. If they saw someone crack open a beer or were already drinking one, they were on them like flies on you know what.
    They are cracking down in a major way up there for any violations they can get you for and some they want to try and get you for.
    Be careful, no need to have a weekend ruined by some trigger happy jetski cops.

Robbie Racer
    Cas, did you notice if they were stopping anyone due to excessive exhaust noise?

QuickJet
    Yup, noise is why all four of my friends and I were stopped (all boats are uncapped). I ended up getting a ticket Saturday then using that ticket the rest of the weekend as a free pass. Monday I reinstalled the baffels, got the ticket signed off and I'm good to go. 10 bucks (cost of fix it ticket) is a cheap price to pay in order to sound awsome and have my boat running at it's best.

Cas
    Keith,
    Quickjet answered better than I could but from what I noticed, most of the sheriffs were up at the bridge area. I did notice at least one Sheriff's boat at each of the marinas but they didn't seem to be bothering anyone....that I saw.
    The sheriff that was hanging out at Steele Park was doing just that, hanging out. As we were pulling our boats out, about a 32' Scarab with twin blower motors was pulling out. As soon as he passed the 5 mph bouy, off he went with pretty obvious open headers, sheriff didn't move. I think it's a mood thing

NorCalCat
    Originally posted by Cas
    a word of caution about Berryessa, specifically under the bridge. The sheriffs were cruising around the creek on jetskis. If they saw someone crack open a beer or were already drinking one, they were on them like flies on you know what.
    They are cracking down in a major way up there for any violations they can get you for and some they want to try and get you for.
    Be careful, no need to have a weekend ruined by some trigger happy jetski cops. '
    That was last weekend...The 4th of July... To be expected at Berryessa, that's why I stay away on those weekends. I supose it will be much mellower this weekend. (hope)

The sheriffs have been cruising jetskis up there for years. I'm sure that on holiday weekends law enforcment presence is higher and more visible, but they are there all the time. Make sure the driver is not consuming while hanging out at the bridge. The LE has also been known to watch from the parking area with binoculars and radio down to the water patrols....
    Keith and NorCal, I see you both are camping at Pleasure Cove. A word to the wise, not all "waterfront" campsites will be accessible by you "big boat" guys. If your spots are too far into the cove(closer to the resort entrance) the water gets too narrow and too shallow for anything bigger than a small jet. Maybe someday they will dredge out the end of the cove.....

Robbie Racer
    QJ, Cas, thanks for the additional info on noise enforcement at Berryessa. If NorCalCat gets a ticket this weekend, then I had better find some mufflers before next weekend.
    Craig, I was planning on just keeping the boat in my tent site at night and launching at their launch ramp in the mornings. Do you think that would work? I think Al will rent a slip to keep his boat in at night since there probably wouldn't be enough room in his site with his motor home.
    Thanks again,
    Keith

NorCalCat
    Originally posted by Robbie Racer
    QJ, Cas, thanks for the additional info on noise enforcement at Berryessa. If NorCalCat gets a ticket this weekend, then I had better find some mufflers before next weekend.
    Craig, I was planning on just keeping the boat in my tent site at night and launching at their launch ramp in the mornings. Do you think that would work? I think Al will rent a slip to keep his boat in at night since there probably wouldn't be enough room in his site with his motor home.
    Thanks again,
    Keith
    Keith,
    I hate being the Guinea Pig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast