Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Leaf Springs

JET-O-VATOR
    Has anyone ever had a leafspring snap on there trailer?? i was on my way home from the river yesterday and had one snap as soon as i got on the 40 at west broadway. called aaa and hd it towed back to my dads buddys river place so its still up there and i need to know where to find a new leafpack... thanks in advance...
    and thanks again to squirtin thunder for helping me set up my ride plate and getting the olds to run better..... sorry bud i had to....

Hallett19
    JC whitney would be my best guess, or a find out what kind of trailer it is then contact the manufacturer, or call extreme or ziemann, see if they can help.

lucky
    TANDEM TRAILERS RULE .... CHAIN UP THE AXLE AND TAKE OFF THE TIRE AND DRIVE ... THOSE SPRINGS RARLEY BREAK - BUT THE WILL - ANY RV SUPPLY PLACE SHOULD HAVE THEM IN STOCK OR ANY AUTO PART STORE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM FOR YOU - BUT BUY BOTH SIDES - TO AVOID ANY MORE PROBLEMS

The easiest way to get the correct replacement would be to contact the trailer manufacturer, if they are still around. Beyond that just about any spring supplier is going to want details of the spring you are replacing. I'd look for a supplier close to where you left the trailer. Most trailer sales outfits also sell parts....
    I would also recommend replacing both springs on that axle and if it's a dual axle, consider replacing all 4. Remember, they are all the same age, with the same wear and tear.....

JET-O-VATOR
    thanx guys its a single axle if it was a tandem i would have tied it up and driven home but its not... anyone know of any places in bullhead or needles or the surrounding areas?????

fourspeednup
    Holy crap dude! Betcha didn't see that one coming

manuel
    I had a spring break at the eye, I was 350 miles away from home,
    I called an RV supply place and they asked the length & how many leaves (leafs?) and they told me what I had, I was surprised that there are only a couple of choices, seems the manufacturers kept it real simple, BUT the trailer was built in 1977 so the fresh spring sat differently from the others (tandum) I sold it before doing anything about it but on driveways or potholes the shackle would pivot and flip the weaker spring. the new one only cost me $21.95 but the rust was putting up a fight and we ended up needing new bushings & bolts/nuts too.

JET-O-VATOR
    YEA I DIDNT IT SUCKED A$$ THE ALTERNATOR WENT OUT TOO BUT THATS NO BIGGY. IM GOING UP THE FIRST WEEKEND IN AUGUST TO FIX THE DAMN THING BUT ITS ALL GOOD

fourspeednup
    That alternator is 1 yr old...what a POS! I'll dig around and see if I have any receipts. Glad it happened so close to the river pad and not 100 miles into the 40:frown:
    BTW...the plug on the alt has rattled loose on my a couple times, may want to check it if you haven't already

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast