Thread: Pulled over for "showin' off "

HotHallet
    I was up at the river for the 4th and launched at Park Moabi. On Sunday I took a friend for a boat ride and while heading down towards Needles I decided to put the nozzle up and do a little roosting. I looked around before I pushed my place lever up and nudged the gas but a patrolman saw me and pulled me over and told me I can't have my nozzle up "in traffic". There was knowone around me but I just listened to the brief lecture and was glad I chose not to drink at all while on the water as he asked me to blow towards his face to see if he could smell alchohol. Knowing I had not had a sip since the night prior I took a deep breath and according to my friend in the passenger seat spit out some onions and bell pepper from the sandwich I had eaten earlier while I was doing the breath check test. This boat was just looking for someone to bust and they got a safe boater and a face full of food. Funny story huh. I'm just glad I have changed my boating habits and dont drink on the water anymore. We had a good laugh on the beach when I returned from that boat ride.

Was up at BHC last weekend and saw a brown jet WFO past the Memorial South ramp. Nice roost, too. A couple miles downriver, he was touching his nose for the LE. I went back to the ramp to trailer it, and there were 5-6 people just sitting on the dock. I mentioned what I saw, and my guess is they're still waiting there. It was their buddy that was pulled over. It might have been that he was wearing goggles while driving that drew attention to him.......

Nubbs
    Originally posted by HotHallet
    I took a deep breath and according to my friend in the passenger seat spit out some onions and bell pepper from the sandwich I had eaten earlier while I was doing the breath check test.
    C'mon HH, where's your etiquette? That's a pretty funny story. Serves him right for picking on a responsible boater.

GlastronGuy
    Jeez, LE must have been bored.
    I roosted in front (not directly) of a Shreiff on Shasta a couple of weeks ago and he didn't bat an eye.

berk
    got pulled over sat too. 430$ later i know that 5 mph means 5mph. i hate cops. wrote me up for no flame arrestor too. karma will catchup to these a-holes someday.